shaynareneesspicyreads

Shayna Renee's Spicy Reads

Make sure you connect with me on Goodreads, Facebook, and Twitter!
HAPPY READING!

signature

Spin
CD Reiss
Immortal Hunter (Execution Underground, #2)
Kait Ballenger
Breaking Spades (Hamden, #4)
W. Ferraro

Truth

Truth - Aleatha Romig Truth by Aleatha Romig
Book 2 in the Consequence Series

I thought Book 1 in this series blew my mind, but TRUTH was incredible. It took me for a ride that's for sure. It was extremely frustrating, but in a good way ;) The characters I came to hate, gradually became characters I adored and just wanted more of. Characters that I adored, soon become characters that I'm not so fond of right at the moment. Who knows, maybe they will redeem themselves in CONVICTED.

“This time, I won’t leave you. I’ll stay by your side. You won’t be alone.”

Oh Anthony, sometimes you say just the right things, but most of the time you don't, and you just frustrate the hell out of me. I know this is a "touchy" territory for everyone, and you just want to hate Tony for what he has done in the past, and you should. It was ( I don't even know the right word ) just plain cruel! In this book you see some changes in him. Don't get me wrong the dark intense eyes and the ruthless business man is still there, but more and more of the kind, protective, gentle ( well maybe not so gentle ) Anthony Rawlings peaks through, and it just melts your heart.

We get to meet some great new characters and learn more about the characters we already know. Secrets are revealed, some remained unanswered

Claire has a chance at a better life with a man who is kind, generous, loving, but I think Claire isn't used to this kind of treatment. She constantly wants to compartimintalize her thoughts and wants to go back to what is familiar to her, and that is and will always be Tony, no matter how badly he treated her.

“He felt his power slipping through his fingers. Nevertheless, as her eyes opened and Tony watched the shimmering emerald irises glow and her lips form a smile, he no longer cared.”

Claire definitely held her own in this book. she came out a stronger, more determined woman. Even though she is making the same choices as before, she is determined to come out on top and finally say for herself "check mate"

Well done Aleatha! You had me glued to my Ereader until the end. This story is thrilling, sexy, and down right scary sometimes, but you make us come back for more. I will be anxiously awaiting the 3rd installment of this fabulous series!