shaynareneesspicyreads

Shayna Renee's Spicy Reads

Make sure you connect with me on Goodreads, Facebook, and Twitter!
HAPPY READING!

signature

Spin
CD Reiss
Immortal Hunter (Execution Underground, #2)
Kait Ballenger
Breaking Spades (Hamden, #4)
W. Ferraro

Ours to Love (A WICKED LOVERS NOVEL)

Ours to Love - Shayla Black Review posted @ http://shaynareneesspicyreads.blogspotcom

"You make my kinky heart go pitter-patter."

This book has been on my OMG I can't wait to read list FOREVER! Shayla Black is one of my all time favorite authors, and the Wicked Lovers Series is at the top of my FAVORITE Series pile along with her Doomsday Brethren series. Shayla Black has another hit on her hands with Ours to Love.

I really wanted to give this a TOP PICK rating, but to be honest Ours to Love was just not up to par with all the rest of the series. Don't get me wrong, it still was a GREAT read, and I was so excited to here she has more planned for the Wicked Lovers, but I just didn't get everything I wanted out of this book.

"That's my little brother, douche bag extraordinaire."

Xander and Javier were spectacular in this book. I felt the struggle and the conflicting emotions between these two. I loved how Xander never really gave up on his older brother, no matter what bullshit Javier through his way. I didn't like the fact that Javier was so torn up over the death of his wife, whom he didn't even love. I hate that he blamed Xander for everything. I know Xander isn't perfect, but to say that he would've prevented Fran's death by becoming her Dom is absolutely ridiculous.

"She was everything he prized. Everything he craved. Everything he'd been missing in life."

London has been through some hard times. She has been struggling most of her life because of a tragic accident that happened when she was a teen. When she meets Xander, she has a sexual awakening. When she meets Javier, she feels like she has a purpose. When she is with both, her submissive side comes to life. I did like London. I loved the fact that she was a real, not size 2, not perfect woman. I feel like she was lacking a little as a heroine though. Yes, she pulled through her accident, and yes, she can hold her own with the two brothers, but I feel like she took the whole "submissive" too lightly. I guess I just like a little more "brattiness" in a sub. I wanted more push and pull about the issue.

"In her, Javier had not only found his brother again, but he'd found his forever."

Even though this wasn't ridiculously amazing like Shayla's other Wicked Lovers series, it was still full of heartfelt emotion, fantastic sensual sex, and intense thrills that kept you on the edge of your seat. For all of you die-hard Wicked Lovers fans, don't worry, you will get some AWESOME UPDATES on the other Wicked Lover couples that will have you grinning from ear to ear. Until next time, keep doing what you do best Shayla, you are truly one of the best in my book!

Favorite Quotes:

"Yeah, he was a pervert. Sue him."

"Good morning, G-spot."