shaynareneesspicyreads

Shayna Renee's Spicy Reads

Make sure you connect with me on Goodreads, Facebook, and Twitter!
HAPPY READING!

signature

Spin
CD Reiss
Immortal Hunter (Execution Underground, #2)
Kait Ballenger
Breaking Spades (Hamden, #4)
W. Ferraro

Darkness Avenged (Guardians of Eternity)

Darkness Avenged - Alexandra Ivy "You know I will always be here for you. I will never fail you."

Alexandra Ivy has done it again. This was a great addition to the Guardians of Eternity Series. Full of fantastic characters, intense story lines, and smouldering love scenes, Darkness Avenged is one thrill ride after another. I couldn't wait to be transported back to this wonderful, bizarre world filled with temperamental vampires, a wide variety of evil demons, and one annoyingly cute gargoyle.

In Darkness Avenged you kind of get two stories in one. What a great deal, right? The story mainly focuses on the characters Santiago (the vampire, with the bad attitude) and Nefri (the clan chief of the Immortal Ones.) We also get a heavy introduction in to another fabulous couples story (a couple who will remain nameless at the moment). Don't worry this "nameless" couple will get you pumped up, and patiently awaiting the next book! *Smirks* See, I'm already extremely excited just thinking about the next book!

Just when they thought they avoided the end of the world, a new threat comes to light, a threat that brings the wayward, stubborn couple, Santiago and Nefri back together again. Santiago is all about finding out why the hell Nefri left him in the first place, but all Nefri wants is to get in and get out, back behind the Veil, where emotions aren't an issue. The chemistry is amazing between these two. The sexual tension is extremely palpable, and when these two finally got together, my heart was beating out of my chest. It was soooooo GOOD! I loved Nefri as the heroine in Darkness Avenged. She was a bad ass clan chief who can hold her own against any threat. Of course, Santiago was the perfect HERO in this one. Tough, sexy, stubborn, tender, protective, oh yeah, I could go on and on! When he realized who Nefri really was and thought he wasn't good enough for a woman like her, totally broke my heart.

"I need you to find me beautiful, querida," he rasped. "I need you to hunger for me with the same insanity that plagues me."

Heartbreaking pasts are revealed, intense emotions are shown, nail-biting battles ensue, and passionate love making occurs over and over and over again! I love all of the Guardians of Eternity books, but this one has to be the best yet. Alexandra Ivy, in my book, is the queen of paranormal romance!

~*~ FAVORITE QUOTE ~*~

(Of course it's from my favorite gargoyle)

"Hey." Levet gave a sharp flap of his wings. "It is supposed to be farts before tarts."

"What the -" Santiago made a sound of disgust. "Oh, for god's sake, it's 'bros before hos."