shaynareneesspicyreads

Shayna Renee's Spicy Reads

Make sure you connect with me on Goodreads, Facebook, and Twitter!
HAPPY READING!

signature

Spin
CD Reiss
Immortal Hunter (Execution Underground, #2)
Kait Ballenger
Breaking Spades (Hamden, #4)
W. Ferraro

Escaping Reality (The Secret Life of Amy Bensen) (Volume 1)

Escaping Reality - Lisa Renee Jones Shayna Renee's Spicy Reads TOP PICK!
Review posted at http://shaynareneesspicyreads.blogspot.com

Let me start off by saying that I DEVOUR anything and everything that Lisa Renee Jones writes and ESCAPING REALITY is no exception. ESCAPING REALITY is book one in The Secret Life of Amy Bensen series and it's a nail biting, chest tightening, sexy thrill ride that you just can't get enough of. PURE GENIUS!

"Escape, baby. The lack of control is control. When you're hanging on each moment, anticipating what comes next, it leaves room for nothing else. That's what I want to do for you."

I was captivated by the main character Amy from the start. You immediately want to know what her secrets are, what is she running from, who is after her? After getting a little more in to the story, more and more questions pop up in your head, and it is close to IMPOSSIBLE to put this book down. When Lara/Amy learns from her ghost of a handler that she is once again in danger and she needs to leave town with a new identity - that's when the mystery and suspense really begin. That is when she meets the ever so gorgeous Liam Stone, aka my brand new favorite book boyfriend. Liam Stone is the epitome of perfection. He is dark, mysterious, sexy, and protective with a little pinch of tender, passionate, and overwhelming. Liam knows that Amy has secrets and he believes that she will tell him when she is ready, but Amy isn't the only one with secrets.

"He feels like more. The very more I have ached for deep in my soul. Which is exactly why I have to walk away. I will trust him. I will pull him into my hell. And then one or both of us will crash and burn."

Not only was this an amazing mystery that had you constantly guessing, but there was a beautiful, passionate love story also in the mix. The intensity and the chemistry between Amy and Liam was mind blowing. These two carried with them complicated emotions that forced a push pull type relationship, and those were the times that my heart beat faster and faster, because I wanted them to just put it all out there and just BE together. Be warned people, you WILL get invested in these characters and your hearts will break for them. With each plot turn you will not know who is good and who is, well let's just say...not so good. You will question everything and anything and you will want to know answers, and just when you think you know, another mystery presents itself. I was angst-ridden throughout this story, but I fucking LOVED it!

"And now I'm going to show you how we escape together."

ESCAPING REALITY is a TOP PICK for me because it was raw, intense, and extremely sexy. I loved the way I was immediately thrust in to this erotic world full of mystery and suspense, and I never wanted to leave. When I finished I couldn't read anything else right away, because I couldn't get this out of my head. I needed to continue to think about it and all of the possible journeys that Lisa could take us on in the second book. This beautiful, complicated story is definitely one that will stay with you, one that will have you holding your breath until the end. I bow down to Lisa Renee Jones, QUEEN of romantic suspense!

*ARC provided by author*