shaynareneesspicyreads

Shayna Renee's Spicy Reads

Make sure you connect with me on Goodreads, Facebook, and Twitter!
HAPPY READING!

signature

Spin
CD Reiss
Immortal Hunter (Execution Underground, #2)
Kait Ballenger
Breaking Spades (Hamden, #4)
W. Ferraro

Bind and Keep Me, Book 2 (Pierced Hearts)

Bind and Keep Me - Cari Silverwood Shayna Renee's Spicy Read's Top Pick 2013

Cari Silverwood never ceases to amaze me! She captured me almost instantly with her first Pierced Hearts book Take Me Break Me, and then pulled me right back in with Bind and Keep Me! Quite frankly, I'm emotionally exhausted, in a good way of course. Bind and Keep Me definitely puts your heart and your mind through the ringer once or twice. Cari Silverwood showed me how beautiful and how twisted dark erotic romances can be, and she has set the bar on this specific genre.

"We cannot be the same after this. I can't tell if this is me rising to the occasion, or descending into Hell. If I could take back what was done tonight, to you, I'd sacrifice myself to whatever fucking god I could find, but I can't"

We first met Jodie and Klaus back in Take Me Break Me, the deliciously dark erotic book 1 in the Pierced Hearts Series. We are reunited with this couple, and I was delighted to see that they were still going strong with their fascinating and sadistic relationship. I am not usually the type to love this darker side of BDSM and capture fantasy, but the way that these characters burrowed themselves inside my soul and showed me that not only was what they had completely off the charts erotic as hell, but it was THEIRS, and it was beautiful and intriguing.

"Let me see your darkest thoughts, your deepest desires. I want the very worst of you as well as the very best."

Bind & Keep Me was extremely well written. Sometimes it's tough to follow along when an author puts in the POV of multiple characters, but in this case it worked brilliantly. This is the type of story that is so emotionally charged, that you just have to know specifically what each character is thinking and feeling at the time. It would have drove me nuts if I only got to hear Jodie's POV while Klaus was the one truly struggling with his thoughts. I can't really explain why I am so in LUST with Klaus, I mean I should be fucking scared of that dude, but reading his POV and knowing deep down he has these urges he is trying to control, and when he talks about his Jodie, my heart drops, because even though he can't say the words, you can tell he is completely in love with his pet. Let's be honest, a Dom who is fighting with his emotions, which makes him all dark and scary and makes his palm twitchy = a TOTAL TURN-ON!

"I tried to fight how that made me feel, like I was his."

The element that made me all emotional in Bind & Keep Me was the addition of the third player, Stephanie. I struggled with this at first, because I'm not sure what direction the author was going to take on this threesome. This could have got real ugly, real fast. But the fact that we got her POV and witnessed the struggles that Steph was having with her emotions, played a big part on why this was such an intriguing read for me. The relationship that grew between Stephanie and Jodie was incredibly beautiful. A different side of Jodie came out around Stephanie, a little Domme perhaps. That was the right direction with those two, because if Jodie didn't have the upper hand with Stephanie, I don't think that these three could work. Seriously, I want to go through this entire book with you because I loved it so damn much, but then I will start spilling spoilers, and I don't want to do that. I will say, that you definitely need to read this series in order starting with book 1 Take Me Break Me. This sets the foundation of Klaus and Jodie's relationship, and to understand it, you have to know what they went through.

To have this book as a TOP PICK for me was an easy decision. When an author can transport you to a place where you are not fully comfortable, but can still captivate you so much that you don't want to leave, is an incredible talent. Cari Silverwood has impressed the hell out of me and I can't wait to see what she comes out with next. I just want to warn you that this is not a typical romance that you usually see me review on this site. It's dark and a little twisted, it's sexy and disturbing, but I guarantee that you will find a part of yourself in these magnificent characters.

*ARC provided by author

For more of my reviews visit http://shaynareneesspicyreads.com