shaynareneesspicyreads

Shayna Renee's Spicy Reads

Make sure you connect with me on Goodreads, Facebook, and Twitter!
HAPPY READING!

signature

Spin
CD Reiss
Immortal Hunter (Execution Underground, #2)
Kait Ballenger
Breaking Spades (Hamden, #4)
W. Ferraro

Buying Thyme: Everything's for sale in a city that sells sex

Buying Thyme - T.J. Hamilton ~*~4.5 Stars~*~

Guest Review by Monica at Shayna Renee's Spicy Reads

A story about a hooker conflicted between her two johns. Hmm, did not seem that catchy but as I was given this copy for an honest review I decided to give it an honest effort.

Miranda is more of a high-class call girl than your basic hooker and that made it a little easier to get into. The writing style and ease of the story made it easier for me to continue reading. Miranda was hired for a weekend jaunt with sexy Joe Tench, he is a billionaire with a dark side and connections to the dark side of Australia. But he and Miranda have a wonderful weekend complete with candlelight dinner and it was very sweetly written. Miranda is questioning her future as a call girl and her possible future with him. It was easy to forget her profession and just see her as a regular girl. It was almost easy to accept her job choice.

Then she meets Tom Smythe who buys her time but only wants to talk to her, only wants to be her friend and get to know her. She begins to meet Tom outside of work and they slowly develop a true friendship. She has never really had a male friend before and finds herself falling for him, while still having feelings for the dashing Joe.

Miranda needs to decide if she wants a relationship with the possessive and domineering Joe and if she wants to take a chance on the sweet and unassuming Tom. Then a tragedy befalls one of her fellow workers and everything that she thought she knew is questioned as she starts to put her life in perspective.

This story was very well written, although some parts were kind of easy to guess the majority of the book was certainly a pleasant surprise. The characters were all very nicely fleshed out. The sex scenes were extremely well done and played around with a little bit of bondage and some fancy costume changes. I was very surprised at how much I did enjoy this book and anxiously await the next two installments. I would have to rate this book a 4.5/5. Good job!

*Copy provided by author*