shaynareneesspicyreads

Shayna Renee's Spicy Reads

Make sure you connect with me on Goodreads, Facebook, and Twitter!
HAPPY READING!

signature

Spin
CD Reiss
Immortal Hunter (Execution Underground, #2)
Kait Ballenger
Breaking Spades (Hamden, #4)
W. Ferraro

Deadly Captive

Deadly Captive - Bianca Sommerland I want to start this review off by saying that I would read anything, ANYTHING by Bianca Sommerland. Her books alone, has made me LOVE the game of Hockey. I also would like to say that people can warn you, warn you, warn you about Bianca's Deadly Captive books and you will STILL NOT be prepared for what you are about to read. That being said, Deadly Captive fascinated me and disturbed me. It intrigued me and shocked the hell out of me. When I was through reading the last page, I was like, What the fuck just happened? This is what Bianca does best though. She writes these stories that make you think and messes with your mind. She creates these beautiful, distressing characters that engross you from the very beginning.

"So strong, but there's something soft and vulnerable in there. I wish we were in a place where I could get to know that part of you."

I have read some reviews about this book, and a lot of people are saying there is no romance in this book, this is not for romance readers. I have to disagree with those statements. No, this isn't your typical romance or love story and No there is no Happily Ever After, but there IS some hints of romance between Lydia and Joe. Don't get me wrong, there is unspeakable things that they do to one another and to other people, and when I say unspeakable, I mean UN-fucking-speakable things, but there are moments when they are alone and trying to shut out everything else, and to just be, on their terms and their terms alone. Out of all of the ugliness, bits and pieces of beautiful does shine through.

"He already had my heart and soul. I couldn't afford to lose anything else."

This is a story that will break your heart, tear at your soul, and at times leave you numb and breathless. The warnings that you see all over for this series are there for a reason and should absolutely be considered, but I do believe this is also a story that brings hope and strength and eventually light through the darkness, you just have to keep your mind open and heart protected and go on this journey with Bianca and she will take care of you, cuz she is good like that! I absolutely recommend this book, and I am off to start book 2, Collateral Damage, because I feel more prepared to dive in to this one!

*Review copy provided by the author*