shaynareneesspicyreads

Shayna Renee's Spicy Reads

Make sure you connect with me on Goodreads, Facebook, and Twitter!
HAPPY READING!

signature

Spin
CD Reiss
Immortal Hunter (Execution Underground, #2)
Kait Ballenger
Breaking Spades (Hamden, #4)
W. Ferraro

Fatalism (Life . Destiny . Fate) (Volume 1)

Fatalism: Alexa and Vincent's Story - L.K. Collins ~*~ 4.5 Stars ~*~

Fatalism by LK Collins has been on my Kindle forever, and I’m so happy I finally got a chance to start this. Fatalism is a beautiful, passionate love story full of so much intensity. Right off the bat, you get sucked in with Vincent’s behavior towards Alexa and vise versa. At first I thought, wow, could this be too much, too fast. But after learning more and more about Alexa’s past and of Vincent’s past, it all seemed to click and work for me, in a big way. I stopped worrying about how major their feelings were towards each other in such a short amount of time, and started really getting in to the circumstances that surround these characters.

It broke my heart to hear how Alexa’s mother treated her after her father left, telling her to watch her weight or she wouldn’t find a man. Ugh! It just pissed me off to no end. It was a full three years since she spoke with her mother. Unfortunate circumstances brought them back together, and it turned out being just another chance where her mother can treat her like dirt. Alexa has so much compassion to just be able to try to reconnect after all the pain her mother put her through. With her father leaving and her mother being such a bitch, it’s no wonder that Alexa feels like she always needs to be in control. And with that frame of mind, there was never any real relationships, just the physical aspect of it all. That is, until fate decides to intervene, and in walks Vincent.

“Do you believe in fate? I mean do you believe that no matter what you do in life your destiny is already planned?”

Vincent is the whole freaking package. He’s gorgeous, rich, successful, has many beautiful cars :) The main thing I was fascinated by was his passion, his intensity, his fire. I couldn’t get enough. Vincent is a man who you want in your bed and by your side at all times. I could live with the jealousy, I could live with the over protectiveness about him. He loves so hard, and protects what’s his. It just so damn sexy! Talk about a man with a horrible past, with his mother dying in front of him, and his fiancé cheating on him. You wonder how he still became so wealthy and successful. Most men would crumble in those circumstances. He may have been successful, but his heart was empty, until a beautiful stranger ran into him and gave him a kiss that would change his life.

“I’ll lose control. I will devour every piece of you and fuck you all night. Then neither of us will sleep because I’ll be buried inside of you. Sleep is the only thing that will allow me to control the beast inside of me.”

I LOVE finding new authors! LK Collins is a brand new author to me, and I am so glad I started this story when I did. I needed a novel like this. A love story like Alexa’s and Vincent’s helps me believe. It helps me to believe in an intense, passionate kind of love, and it helps me believe that fate is not always there to kick your ass, sometimes fate delivers something wonderful and magical. I need my very own Vincent! Do you hear that fate?! Deliver dammit!

“Every word, every feeling, and every emotion I shared with you was from my heart and one hundred percent true. I fucking love you.”