shaynareneesspicyreads

Shayna Renee's Spicy Reads

Make sure you connect with me on Goodreads, Facebook, and Twitter!
HAPPY READING!

signature

Spin
CD Reiss
Immortal Hunter (Execution Underground, #2)
Kait Ballenger
Breaking Spades (Hamden, #4)
W. Ferraro

Wolf Protector (Federal Paranormal Unit, #1)

Wolf Protector (Federal Paranormal Unit, #1) - Milly Taiden A serial killer is on the loose and who better than then Federal Paranormal Unit to swoop in with their "gifts" and bring down the monsters! I was just in the market for a brand new (too me) Paranormal Romance author, and I think I found a good one! This is the first book I have read from the great Milly Taiden and I am so excited to read more from her. Wolf Protector was extremely well written, the characters were brought to life, and the sex scenes were incredibly erotic! You can NEVER go wrong with a nicely done, sensual shower scene, am I right?!

Paranormal Romance is one of my all time favorite genres, and when you add a murder mystery to that, I am SOLD! The character development in Wolf Protector was amazing. As readers, we want to know anything and everything about the characters, and the author nailed it with the two main ones. The characters hopes and fears, flaws and weaknesses, even their history and mannerisms were all brought to life and made it easier to relate to the readers. We were introduced to Erica Villa and Trent Buchanan, both top agents in the FPU. Milly couldn't have made a better hero or heroine.

I loved Erica! Now there is a cool chic I want to hang out with. She is a bad ass agent that takes no crap from anyone, especially Trent! We also get a glimpse of her past and you understand a little bit more about the woman she has become.

"Erica lifted her brows and glared at Trent. Whatever happened to shutting your mouth for self-preservation? I thought you wanted to live well into old age? Keep talking."

Trent Buchanan, oh how I just want to slap you and kiss you at the same time! Trent is a "ladies man" and he knows it. He is my favorite type of alpha male hero. Sexy, funny, incorrigible, and did I mention sexy! Trent is a shifter and he wants to make Erica his! He has known that since they first met, and god help him, he tries so hard to tear down Erica's walls to let him in her heart. This sarcastic, protective wolf will do anything to keep her safe.

"If you didn't have a stick the size of Texas up your ass, you'd realize what a catch I am."

We were introduced to other fantastic characters who just made the story complete. I hope we get to learn more about them in the upcoming books!

When those two weren't making me laugh so hard by their witty banter or making my heart pound out of my chest from all the sexual tension, the murder mystery had me hooked to the pages! I had a really hard time putting this down. I was constantly guessing and hoping who the killer was and what and who would bring him down.

Thank you Milly for introducing us to a world full of suspense, passion, and heart! It was a thrill ride and I can't wait for the next journey you take us on.