shaynareneesspicyreads

Shayna Renee's Spicy Reads

Make sure you connect with me on Goodreads, Facebook, and Twitter!
HAPPY READING!

signature

Spin
CD Reiss
Immortal Hunter (Execution Underground, #2)
Kait Ballenger
Breaking Spades (Hamden, #4)
W. Ferraro

A Hero's Pride (Wounded Soldiers, #1)

A Hero's Pride (Wounded Soldiers, #1) - April Angel Publised @ http://shaynareneesspicyreads.blogspot.com

"Her presence alone, in his arms, had allowed him to feel whole."

A Hero's Pride was one of the sexiest romantic novellas I have read in a very long time. This warmed my heart while making me blush. Who can resist a great military read with a lot of heart?! Not this chica, that's for sure!

The heroine in this story is Kayla Santomas. This child psychologist just wants a fresh start. She wants to find love without coming across anymore frogs. Kayla hesitantly agrees to go on a blind date, her very first blind date ever. Like any normal woman about to go on a date with a perfect stranger, she starts to psych herself out, and almost backs out until she answers her door and sees HIM.

That brings me to my favorite part, the hero! Ryan Mitchell! Looking like a god with his shaggy hair and eyes that could make you orgasm on the spot, he had some insecurities to get through. A handsome, tough, military man with flaws!? Get outta here! After being injured in Afghanistan, he comes back to nothing but pity. He sees nothing but sadness in the eyes of his friends, family, and the women he tries to date. That is the last thing he wants from other people, he has enough pity for himself to last him a lifetime. Getting constant pressure from his family to get back out there, he agrees to go on this blind date that his friend and brother help organize. Ryan quickly finds out that his manhood isn't damaged along with his leg when he sees HER standing on the other side of the hotel door.

"Por favor, besame. Te necesito."

The chemistry between Ryan and Kayla was absolutely explosive. I loved how the first thing Kayla did when Ryan told her about his injury was put him in his place and to not pity himself. Ryan was in absolute shock, because that isn't what he expected, he always expected people to feel bad for him. These two complimented each other so well, not only from the hot, sensual sex, but on an emotional level as well. Funny, romantic, sexy, emotional....A Hero's Pride had so much to give in such a small package. I definitely want more Ryan and Kayla!

*A review copy was given to me by the author in exchange for an honest review*