shaynareneesspicyreads

Shayna Renee's Spicy Reads

Make sure you connect with me on Goodreads, Facebook, and Twitter!
HAPPY READING!

signature

Spin
CD Reiss
Immortal Hunter (Execution Underground, #2)
Kait Ballenger
Breaking Spades (Hamden, #4)
W. Ferraro

First Position

First Position - Prescott Lane ~*~ 4.5 Stars ~*~

Emory Claire is trying to plan a wedding with her fiancé at the start, her boring , stuffy fiancé Eric. She is hesitating about setting a date, he says no date, no ring . She stops at the local food joint to get some good comfort food to eat with Wesley, her gay roommate. She gets wet in the rain . Picking up the prized ribs with extra sauce she turns and slams into a hard chest dumping the sauce all over them. EEEK, behind the hard body is Mason the only man she has ever loved, the one who dumped her in college, the one who broke her heart, the heart that has never really healed.

Emory was a beautiful ballerina in college while dating Mason and had plans to make it a career before a devastating breakup and injury smashed those plans. It is hard for her to be around Mason, she still loves him but he hurt her so badly.

Turns out Mason is scouting for a new football team to play for. He and Emory spend some time together talking and getting to know each other all over again. Of course Eric the stuffy ex-fiancé makes a come back effort as well. Then there is Alexis the bitch that Mason is in the process of divorcing, the girl that he started seeing days after he and Emory broke up.

All the characters in this story are very fleshed out. The relationship between Wesley and his boyfriend Tomas was amazing. Mason’s bitching mother had a few scene stealers of her own as did his brother Steven with his pregnant wife Olivia.

This story was simply a well done love story. It was great that all the intimacy was emotional, there were not distracted by jumping into bed all the times. We had time to really get to know the characters and their struggles as they get to know one another again and deal with the past and all the heartbreak there. They have a lot of hurt feeling to get through and a lot of trust to rebuild. The author portrayed both the feelings of Mason and Emory with a lot of depth, I was teary eyed for both of them on a number of occasions. They were real people in love trying to figure out if forever would work for them. Loved it 4.5/5. I picked a night to read it when I was alone in the house with no interruptions and I really enjoyed myself.

Reviewed by Monica - Guest Reviewer on Shayna Renee's Spicy Reads

*Review copy provided by author*