shaynareneesspicyreads

Shayna Renee's Spicy Reads

Make sure you connect with me on Goodreads, Facebook, and Twitter!
HAPPY READING!

signature

Spin
CD Reiss
Immortal Hunter (Execution Underground, #2)
Kait Ballenger
Breaking Spades (Hamden, #4)
W. Ferraro

Eyes Wide Open (The Blackstone Affair, #3)

Eyes Wide Open  (The Blackstone Affair, #3) - Raine Miller "He'd brought me out from the dark and into the light."

Well ladies, in the words of every one's all time favorite book boyfriend Ethan Blackstone ~ this story was bloody brilliant! What a perfect addition to the Blackstone Affair. I was overwhelmed with such intense, raw emotions, not only in Eyes Wide Open, but throughout this entire journey with these two wonderfully messed up, beautiful characters!

"My kinky, foul-mouthed, romantic gentleman lover."

Not only was Eyes Wide Open incredibly sexy, it was true to the title. It opened my eyes to realize just how vulnerable one could be when you are so dedicated and in love with someone that it hurts to breathe. I want that kind of love someday. The kind of love that Ethan and Brynne has. The kind of love that hurts SO GOOD!

"We connected so perfectly it almost hurt to feel it. Not almost - it fucking did!"

This was an intense read for me. I was constantly second guessing myself on who the enemy was going to be. This definitely had me on the edge of my seat. I had to finish it all in one night. I HAD TO KNOW WHAT WAS GOING TO HAPPEN!!! See....I am a VERY patient woman! *Winks* I had the biggest smile on my face throughout most of the book. There were times when I was of course angry, and calling the delicious Mr. Blackstone a "jackass!" But let's be honest, we are constantly calling the hero of a novel a jackass at some point in time, am I right? When I wasn't smiling or secretly wanting to smack someone upside the head, I was downright balling my eyes out. Seriously, why do authors have to be so damn good, that they make me sob uncontrollably at a bloody book?! Well, it just goes to show you that Raine Miller is a freakin' genius. Even while Raine is writing about banana probes, raspberries, olives, or peaches, she still manages to make us fall in love with Ethan and Brynne and helps us to believe in the kind of love that awakens the soul.

"I think I became real when I met you."

*Title was provided by Netgalley*