Shayna Renee's Spicy Reads

Make sure you connect with me on Goodreads, Facebook, and Twitter!

CD Reiss
Immortal Hunter (Execution Underground, #2)
Kait Ballenger
Breaking Spades (Hamden, #4)
W. Ferraro

Cyrus (Men of Steel, #2)

Cyrus (Men of Steel, #2) - M.J. Fields Cyrus by M.J. Fields had me extremely confused at the beginning, and I believe some of that contributes to the fact that maybe this is not a standalone. Characters were in and out, with no background at all. I couldn't follow some of the events that took place, because the topic changes were so frequent. There were times when some of the wording confused me a bit. When it was Cyrus' POV there seemed to be a lot of rambling and ranting going on, which added to my initial confusion. I read a lot of romances where the hero is a bad ass, womanizing, douche bag, but he eventually redeems himself in the end and I fall in love with his character. With Cyrus, I didn't get the end game with him. I didn't fall in love, which was sad because of how he helped out his Birdie. I just didn't get the fluttering in my stomach when there was interaction between the main characters.

I liked the storyline. It was heartbreaking and emotional, but again, it didn't stay with me all the way through. I feel like this author's style of writing has potential, but I can't recommend this book.