shaynareneesspicyreads

Shayna Renee's Spicy Reads

Make sure you connect with me on Goodreads, Facebook, and Twitter!
HAPPY READING!

signature

Spin
CD Reiss
Immortal Hunter (Execution Underground, #2)
Kait Ballenger
Breaking Spades (Hamden, #4)
W. Ferraro

Should've Known Better

Should've Known Better - Cassandra Carr Posted @ http://shaynareneesspicyreads.blogspot.com

I am a huge fan of Cassandra Carr and she warmed my heart with Sara and Sebastian's story. I haven't read a lot of "sports-themed" romances, but it's becoming one of my favorite genres. Gorgeous hockey player falls in love with geeky math nerd....sure that happens a lot, right? Well, us NERDS can dream!

Sara is living the dream! She just landed the perfect job doing what she is damn good at, and it's with the NHL's Buffalo Storm! She has always been a hockey fan and she is thrilled about this oppurtunity. Now Sara Jenkins is a math geek and she owns it, she doesn't pretend to be someone she isn't. When she is thrust in to this "male dominated' arena, of course she is critisized for what kind of skill she brings to the table and the fact that she is a woman, doesn't help her, but she still doesn't back down and run away. Sebastian St. Amant (god, even his name is sexy) is trying to move on up in the world. He has been playing hockey in the minors and now has the chance to show management and the coaching staff of the Buffalo Storm what he can do. From the moment these two meet, there is an immediate connection. They have a hard time staying away from eachother, but for the sake of their jobs, its what needs to be done.

I loved, loved, LOVED these two characters together. They had such amazing chemistry from the very beginning. As a certified "NERD" myself, I could relate to Sara in a lot of ways, I just wish I could get a super hot, french speaking hockey player to give me the time of day. Damn, I am in the WRONG profession. I feel like in this story, that we really got to know these two, from their past and their fears, to their hopes and dreams. When Sara was struggling with her new job and discovering what kind of feelings she has for Sebastian, you could feel what she was going through. When Sebastian was in a room with Sara and he had a hell of a time keeping his hands off her, you could feel that anticipation...will he just grab her and kiss her or will he force himself to walk away?

"My heart, Sarah, my heart hearts. This is supposed to be the best time of my life, living my dre, and it doesn't mean anything because I don't have you."

Should've Known Better was packed with so much sexual tension that it had my heart pounding. I finished this book in one sitting, because I couldn't put it down. I had to know what was going to happen with these two. I saw some potential for this to turn into a series. I hope it does because there were some characters that I wouldn't mind reading more about!