shaynareneesspicyreads

Shayna Renee's Spicy Reads

Make sure you connect with me on Goodreads, Facebook, and Twitter!
HAPPY READING!

signature

Spin
CD Reiss
Immortal Hunter (Execution Underground, #2)
Kait Ballenger
Breaking Spades (Hamden, #4)
W. Ferraro

The Dom with the Perfect Brats

The Dom with the Perfect Brats - Sorcha Black, Leia Shaw, Cari Silverwood ARC Review posted @ http://shaynareneesspicyreads.blogspot.com

These three have done it again! The Dom with the Perfect Brats is a beautifully kinky masterpiece! Be ready to laugh your ass off...be ready to ball your eyes out....and be ready to just feel for these wonderfully messed up characters.

Godfrey Cross is the Dom to rival all Doms! This sexy, dark, tattooed hunk of a man has had his share of submissives, but when he meets the freckled, sarcastic Gemma and the smart mouth Aussie Izzy, will he be able to put his high expectations to rest and be the Dom that these two vanilla girls need? Will everybody have to change who they are in order to stay together?

This is becoming one of my favorite series. I fall in love with all of the characters instantly. The authors bring something out in them that just makes you want to hug (and sometimes punch) each and every one of them. Cross took over Jude's place in my heart! Nothing makes my heart race more than the thought of Cross and his flogger, hand, or belt. All he has to do is *growl* and I would be whatever that man wants me to be. When I learned about his past and his family situation....well let's just say....that is when the waterworks started. In a lot of these BDSM novels we do get an in depth version of what the submissives are thinking and their wants and needs. In Cross's story we learned so much about what he is feeling and what his internal struggles were. It was a nice change of pace. When I met Godfrey Cross in book 1, I knew there was something about that man that was going to pull at my heart strings.

"You don't really think you're evil, do you, Cross?" His shoulders were tense but he shrugged. "Everybody has a little evil in them."

I loved Gemma right away. The minute she walked in to that tattoo shop and showed that she was more than just a girl with a tattoo gun, I knew she would give Cross a run for his money. The fact that the moments with Cross wasn't her first time experiencing the BDSM lifestyle was intriguing. I kept asking myself if Gemma would actually be able to live this lifestyle without the past ruining it for her. Her attitude reminded me of myself a lot it was scary. Her insults and jabs constantly had me laughing out loud. She has the most memorable quotes in this story, I wish I could list them all for you. Most of it will have you saying, OMG, did she really just say that?!

"Oh my god." Gemma grimaced. "You're taking us to some kind of kinky orgy dinner party?"

Next we have Izzy. We meet this aspiring writer when she comes in to the tattoo shop wanting her first tattoo, just another thing to cross of of her bucket list. Izzy is bisexual but she can't fully embrace this because of how her family and friends treated her back in Australia. She just wants to be loved the way she is. I feel like a lot of times that she was the glue holding this "triple" together. She was always there for Gemma and Cross, but in different ways.

"The big guy over there though. Is he your boss? If he is.....Fuck."

I must admit I do love the whole Dom and Brat interaction, but I was on edge couple of times when the brattiness might have crossed a line with Cross. I was like...Don't give up on them Cross!!! They'll do better, they will I promise! I had to laugh at myself when I realized how involved I was in my reading at that point. Great books will do that to you.

Those of you who are avid followers of this series, don't worry, you will get your dose of Jude and his brats, Sabrina and Q. A great big dose actually! *winks*

I do recommend you read the Badass Brats series in order starting with The Dom with a Safeword. The characters from the first book are a big part of the other books in the series, and I wouldn't want you to miss out on any of it. All in all, this book was incredible just like the ones before it. It's filled with such raw emotion, such heart and soul, and such ridiculously clever writing. Good job girls! From one brat to another....Keep em' coming will ya!

Quotes that made me giggle:

"Can I safeword your cooking?"

"I've got a hard-on to rival King Kong."

Favorite Quotes:

"Well if our benevolent and all-powerful Sir would deign to tell us peasants where we fucked up, we could be having fun right now."

"You turned her into a sex zombie."

*ARC was given in exchange for an honest review*