shaynareneesspicyreads

Shayna Renee's Spicy Reads

Make sure you connect with me on Goodreads, Facebook, and Twitter!
HAPPY READING!

signature

Spin
CD Reiss
Immortal Hunter (Execution Underground, #2)
Kait Ballenger
Breaking Spades (Hamden, #4)
W. Ferraro

Ravenous (novella)

Ravenous - Eden Summers Posted @ http://shaynareneesspicyreads.blogspot.com

Eden Summers is a master at making you fall in love with the amazing characters that she creates. Ravenous is a beautiful story about two people who found each other again. Erin McDonald never really got over Jesse Hackett. After leaving town eight years ago and taking her heart with him, Erin never thought Jesse would ever grace her doorstep again. Now, he's back in town for a little while for his mother's birthday and he is looking gorgeous! The last thing that Erin wants to do is give her heart away again to this man who was so quick to walk away from her years ago. Can Erin and Jesse be satisfied with just a couple of lustful nights together, before Jesse has to leave again? The answer is ALWAYS the same.....HELL NO!

"Please don't get any closer. Don't make me try and resist you. Not after what you've put me through."

I've got to tell ya, I wasn't a fan of Jesse Hackett at the beginning. He came off a little too arrogant for me. After continuing on I warmed up to him more and more and eventually, yeah you guessed it, fell a little in love with the beautiful man. Of course, it was a front at first, because he was nervous to see Erin again, but then when he was with her, you could feel how deeply in love he was with her, and how much he regretted leaving her behind years ago. I could also tell that he was a TOTAL momma's boy, and I LOVED that!

"She's still the beautiful soul you fell in love with as a teenager."

No man or vibrator could ever live up to Jesse Hackett in Erin's eyes. You NEVER forget your first love, no matter how many times he breaks your heart. Erin was a stubborn little thing in this story. I just wanted to shake her and tell her to LISTEN to Jesse! When she finally did, she discovered that she was to blame as well. When Jesse decided to leave the small town, Erin never thought to compromise. She was too afraid to leave her family behind. She was comfortable in her little town and she was afraid of venturing out in the world. On a side note, Erin's sister Karen was freakin' hilarious in this book. She was definitely the comedy relief in RAVENOUS and I kinda want her to have her own book, if you know what I mean....EDEN?! Whatdya say?

RAVENOUS by Eden Summers was a delight to read. This was a beautiful story full of heartbreak, compassion, and a ridiculous amount of sensual heat. As soon as I finished, I immediately wanted to read it again. I feel that way with all of Eden Summers books! RAVENOUS is just another GREAT example of why Eden is one of my favorite authors! Well done my friend!

"I want everything. I want you. I want us. I want a fucking future with you."

*Copy provided by NetGalley*