shaynareneesspicyreads

Shayna Renee's Spicy Reads

Make sure you connect with me on Goodreads, Facebook, and Twitter!
HAPPY READING!

signature

Spin
CD Reiss
Immortal Hunter (Execution Underground, #2)
Kait Ballenger
Breaking Spades (Hamden, #4)
W. Ferraro

Stormy Surrender: 1 (New Hope)

Stormy Surrender - Nicole Andrews Moore Posted on http://shaynareneesspicyreads.blogspot.com

"I need to know that I won't always feel like this. I need to know that I can have the life I've always dreamed of having. I need to get back to myself."

Stormy Surrender by Nicole Andrews Moore was an amazing, beautiful, and emotional read for me. After reading the book description I knew this was going to be a read that went straight to the heart. This story is inspiring, heartfelt, and it certainly took at toll on my emotions. You can't help but fall in love with these characters and feel the emotional pull between the two. With this being my first read from Nicole Andrews Moore, and the way she made put me through the ringer with these two beautiful characters, I can't help but to start counting down the days until I can get more Joe and Marti!

"So, have you figured me out yet? Because I have to tell you, I haven't figured me out yet and I'm way more years into it than you are."

When you first start reading, you meet this character Martha and you can't help but feel sorry for her. You know she is with this man who doesn't appreciate her, and does not show her any type of love or affection and you wonder why the HELL has she stayed with this man for 15 years. I think a lot of women can relate to Martha in so many ways. People can get stuck in a relationship for a long period of time and they get comfortable or that relationship is all that they know and they are scared of what else is out there. After finding New Hope and discovering that her husband is not following her, it's then and only then when she can FINALLY start to live life for her, and not try to take care of everyone else. It was a amazing to read how much Marti grew into her own skin in Stormy Surrender.

"Hey, I get to decide if you are good enough, not you...just like you get to decide if I'm good enough. Quite frankly...I'm awesome. You'd be crazy to walk away from this."

Joe Masters was what you would call a "ladies man," in the town of New Hope. He was the nicest guy, and everyone in town loved him, but they knew that he wasn't looking to settle down. He was burned badly in the past by a previous love and it was something that he never truly got over. Joe was a man's man and was fine with the life he had, but he still had those moments where he wanted more.

"In some ways when we met, I was just as broken as this house. Just as surely as you and the crew are fixing this place, you are rebuilding me, too."

At first these two went head to head. I think Joe just loved to irritate the hell out of Marti, and Marti let Joe's tactics get to her. Of course, Joe Masters was extremely gorgeous and sex on a stick, but he sure knew how to piss her off. The chemistry between the two was definitely there. They had this pull between them, that even though they irritated each other, they still felt a loss when they weren't together. One of the things that made me fall completely in love with Joe was the charm bracelet that he bought Martha. Every time he pulled out a new charm for the bracelet, I would just break down and start crying. I am tearing up again just thinking about it. It was an amazing and thoughtful gift that just kept giving. When Joe wasn't diving in to bushes to hide from the neighbors or complaining about the fact that Marti took his seat yet again, he was slowly helping to heal Marti and in turn Marti was breaking through his walls and healing him as well.

"While I worked to heal you, you have healed me too."

I HIGHLY recommend this book to anyone that loves a good cry every once in a while. These emotional stories that get you right in the heart is why I LOVE reading romance novels, and I can't wait to read what Nicole has in store for Marti and Joe.

*ARC provided by author*