shaynareneesspicyreads

Shayna Renee's Spicy Reads

Make sure you connect with me on Goodreads, Facebook, and Twitter!
HAPPY READING!

signature

Spin
CD Reiss
Immortal Hunter (Execution Underground, #2)
Kait Ballenger
Breaking Spades (Hamden, #4)
W. Ferraro

Turn and Burn: A Blacktop Cowboys Novel

Turn and Burn - Lorelei James Posted @ http://shaynareneesspicyreads.blogspot.com

I said it once, and I'll say it again....Lorelei James is one of the best Western Romance writers out there. She puts so much heart and soul in to her characters that they just jump right off the pages and in to the hearts of every reader. You will fall in love with Tanna and Fletch instantly! I must admit that this is the first Blacktop Cowboy book I have read, and now I am kicking myself in the ass for not starting this series sooner!

"You done looking your fill? Or did you want me to turn around so you can ogle my ass to?"
Tanna is a badass cowgirl who knows her way around the hearts of every wannabe cowboy out there. She goes in, makes up a ridiculous story, gets what she wants, whether it be a shot of tequila or a quick romp in the hay, and gets out. No emotions, no attachments. After her mother's death, and then a horrible rodeo injury, she was at a standstill in her life. She was broken.

August Fletcher was all about the job. Being a vet for large animals in a farm town meant that he worked all hours of the night, and was always on call. Fletch has never even taken a vacation since he started his practice. He only wished he could find someone who could handle his ridiculous schedule.

Who knew a SEXY one night stand between these two could turn in to something more. They didn't even get each other's names or contact info for cryin' out loud. After that scorching night, when they parted ways, there was no way that they could deny the sense of longing that they still had for one another, but they surely would never see each other again, right? Well, FATE decided differently.

"I wanna fuck you every way I can think up. Hard. Fast. Dirty. Rough. Nasty. I wanna use my mouth, my teeth, my hands and my cock in ways that'll make you blush, make you scream and make you cream. I wanna strip this down between us to pure, animal fucking. It'll take the edge off and then some."
EXPLOSIVE! That is the word I would use for the chemistry between Tanna and Fletch. Wow! When these two got together, sparks were definitely flying in the bedroom! Not only was there a blistering connection between the two, it eventually grew into a deeper connection, a beautiful connection, that just melt your heart. I was a big fan of Tanna right away. Not only was she a stubborn, tough, sassy cowgirl with that southern twang, but she was a true survivor. I love how much she grew in this story. Definitely had me in tears throughout her tough journey. And Fletch, my GOD! This beautiful man knew just how to break down Tanna's walls. This Greek god of a cowboy, was an amazing vet, caring friend, hell of a sweet talker, and a demanding lover. He had to be somethin' else if he could tame someone like Tanna.

"He'd helped her take the first step. The rest was up to her. And for the first time in months, she had a feeling of hope."
I laughed, I blushed (A LOT), and I cried. TURN AND BURN is a story about facing one's fears. It's about learning how to trust, it's about letting people in to help you with those fears, but most of all it's about never giving up hope. Lorelei James always gives us seductive, dreamy cowboys that have us readers curling our toes, but with this story, I believe that every single one of you will take something from it. I believe that you will connect with these characters in a way that not only will enhance the story for you, but will dig deep enough to touch your heart and to truly believe in these beautiful characters.

TURN AND BURN can be read as a standalone, but there are some updates on past characters that might make more sense if you read from the beginning! This is my first Blacktop Cowboy read, but you bet your sweet ass that I will be purchasing the rest of the series as soon as I can!

*ARC provided by author*