shaynareneesspicyreads

Shayna Renee's Spicy Reads

Make sure you connect with me on Goodreads, Facebook, and Twitter!
HAPPY READING!

signature

Spin
CD Reiss
Immortal Hunter (Execution Underground, #2)
Kait Ballenger
Breaking Spades (Hamden, #4)
W. Ferraro

Temporary Bliss

Temporary Bliss - B.J. Harvey Temporary Bliss by BJ Harvey was an incredibly sexy, hilarious, emotional read. The characters were amazing. I mean every single ridiculously funny character! Mac is a chick that I definitely want to party with. Especially if she can introduce me to her three hot "friends," Noah, Sean, and Zander.

"Everything he gave me was everything I never knew I wanted."

Makenna Lewis is a character that I could relate too on every level, commitment phobia included! God, what I would give to have a set-up like she did in the beginning. You have Noah, a doctor that she works with. Hello! Easy access "on-call room STAT!" Next is Sean, or Mr. Dom, dark and commanding, he could tie me up anytime, that's for sure! Last, but certainly not least, we have Zander, stripper extraordinaire. I'm sorry, I think that's all I have to say is he's a freakin' stripper! How fucking lucky can one girl get?!

Even though Makenna has her hands full with these men, nothing can compare to her Superman, her Delicious Daniel. Daniel is intense, and I love that in a male character. He is exactly what Makenna needs. He is the only one that can tame her, break down her walls, and help her move on from her horrible past. They are the perfect combination. This book sucked me in and kept me captivated from the first chapter. The beginning was difficult and emotional for me, I mean the shit that Makenna went through with her high school sweetheart, just broke my heart. No one deserves that. After reading the beginning you can definitely see why Mac is the way she is. She hides behind her humor, she is protecting her heart by staying away from commitments, and I don't blame her. Her heart hides behind a brick wall, until her Superman can break through and heal it.

"You're my forever girl. My Lois Lane. You always have been, and if I have my way, you always will be."

This is my first read from BJ Harvey, and I am completely impressed. I can't wait to read more by this very talented author!

*ARC provided by the author*