shaynareneesspicyreads

Shayna Renee's Spicy Reads

Make sure you connect with me on Goodreads, Facebook, and Twitter!
HAPPY READING!

signature

Spin
CD Reiss
Immortal Hunter (Execution Underground, #2)
Kait Ballenger
Breaking Spades (Hamden, #4)
W. Ferraro

Prayer for the Dead (Revenants in Purgatory)

Prayer for the Dead (Revenants in Purgatory, #1) - Nicki Scalise Guest Review by Monica from Shayna Renee's Spicy Reads

I received this copy of the novel in exchange for an honest review. I do not normally read Paranormal Romance stories but I decided to give this one a go. Meet the heroine Miss Olivia working in a dead-end job just going about her life or in her case her after life, if you can really call it such. She was responsible for the death of her brother, who incidentally is in the afterlife with her and for this reason she is carrying around a lot of self loathing and self despair. She is such a remarkable character, so easy to like with a real depth of understandable emotions and feeling. She, of course meets up with the tortured soul Drake and they have loads after loads of issues and troubles to work through. Poor girl her life is just one big mess.

Her two best friends Portia and Devon are there when the going gets rough and it is great to see so much of the novel is devoted to the friendships that they have. At various parts of the book I was so rooting for a romance between Devon and Olivia, I mean come on, they would be great together.

Of course there is an evil, evil character to round-up things nicely, Miss Katarina, she is just evil, kind of makes your skin crawl evil. If it was not so easy to hate her you would almost like her. The author does a great job with her character. The things she does are just simply amazing.

So a quick summary here, this is a paranormal romance that is really so much more than just a quick little love story. It has deep characters, lots of characters to sink your reading teeth into and a really different plot, so much more in-depth that I was expecting. I would give this story a solid 4/5 and oh, yeah, did I mention the one that really ticked me off, THE CLIFFHANGING ENDING! I just hate those. All kidding aside, it was a really good read.