shaynareneesspicyreads

Shayna Renee's Spicy Reads

Make sure you connect with me on Goodreads, Facebook, and Twitter!
HAPPY READING!

signature

Spin
CD Reiss
Immortal Hunter (Execution Underground, #2)
Kait Ballenger
Breaking Spades (Hamden, #4)
W. Ferraro

Passionate Addiction: 2 (Reckless Beat)

Passionate Addiction - Eden Summers “Forgive, Forget. Finally be free.”

The men from Reckless Beat are absolutely addicting! Never has a character touched my heart as much as Blake has! Passionate Addiction is a Rock Star love story that will take your breath away.

Imagine meeting and talking with someone on the internet, building a trust without even meeting in person, telling them your secrets and downfalls, depending on that someone when you don’t even know what they look like. Fast forward 4 years, and finally you come face to face with this person, this beautiful human being, your savior. What would you do?

We first met the bass guitarist of Reckless Beat in Blind Attraction. Remember him? Blake Kennedy, the ridiculously sexy bad boy with witty remarks and a bit of a voyeur streak. I fell in LUST with him in book 1 and I fell in LOVE with him in Passionate Addiction. I never realized how horrible his past was. It broke my heart. This beautiful man came from a deadbeat family, used to do drugs, and didn’t believe he deserved anyone’s love. Argh! I knew this would happen. Tears are running down my face even as I write this review. I would like to thank this author for creating a character so damaged and so broken, that you can’t help but want to heal the man yourself. He has all the pieces to be happy again, he just needs the right “angel” to put them back together, and make him whole.

“He had the exterior of a hellion and the soul of the divine – a tangled combination that she had never been able to resist.”

Gabrielle Smith – Eden Summers couldn’t have created a more perfect match for Blake. She is strong, independent, intelligent. She is also so incredibly hard on herself and can’t let go of the past. She is quick-witted and can handle herself. The chemistry between these two was amazing, even before they meet face to face. You can feel the intensity of their feelings toward each other, and they are both afraid to admit it.

“He wanted to be deeper, to be inside her heart, her soul. He wanted to be a part of her life that she could never live without. He wanted to be her addiction, like she was his.”

I believe that many readers will be able to relate to Blake and Gabi’s story. They both have a dark side to their past that threatens to consume their very beings. Drugs, alcohol, deadbeat parents, these things are not easy to read about, and I bet that these subjects are even harder to write about, so I applaud Eden for putting her heart and soul in to this book and these characters. Thank you for sharing this beautiful, touching love story with us, and thank you for giving Blake his happy ending. No one deserves it more.

*ARC provided by the author*