shaynareneesspicyreads

Shayna Renee's Spicy Reads

Make sure you connect with me on Goodreads, Facebook, and Twitter!
HAPPY READING!

signature

Spin
CD Reiss
Immortal Hunter (Execution Underground, #2)
Kait Ballenger
Breaking Spades (Hamden, #4)
W. Ferraro

A Tragic Wreck (Beautiful Mess)

A Tragic Wreck - T.K. Leigh First of all, if you are reading this review and haven’t read Book 1, A Beautiful Mess, stop what you are doing and GO BUY IT NOW! You will hate me and LOVE me for it, believe me! Another fantastic book to add to a fantastic series. A Tragic Wreck by T.K. Leigh took me on a journey that absolutely wrecked me. You can’t help but crave the emotional whirlwind that is Olivia and Alexander’s relationship. When you start this book, be prepared for a long night, because you will not want to put the thing down. Put your kids AND husband :) to bed, grab a glass of wine, supply yourself with an entire box of tissues and HAVE AT IT! You will thank me later.

A Tragic Wreck starts right back up where we left off in A Beautiful Mess. Olivia secluded herself in Florida because she has a really bad habit of running from difficult situations. Alexander is in Boston trying to move on, but how do you move on when you loved someone your entire life? Mr. Burnham can say he is moving on, but his actions speak louder than words and since he is in the “security business,” of course he is keeping track of her credit cards, and staying close to her friends. They are both horribly distraught, and what do they do instead of working it out, they fall in to what’s familiar. Enter local surf god, Cam, and resident whore, Chelsea. Olivia and Alex are both using these two to forget about the pain. The only difference is, is that Cam doesn’t deserve it. Chelsea on the other hand, ABSOLUTELY deserves whatever she gets. Even though Cam knew Olivia was holding something back, he was still there to be her friend and to help her with the numbness in her heart. Chelsea was just grabbing on to anything and everything to keep Alex in her life.

“But what if I’m too broken for that, Cam?

“Then let me fix you,” he whispered.

Once Alexander receives a clue as to where Olivia is residing, all HELL breaks loose! We are now at the very top of the roller coaster and we are about to plummet to the bottom. Let’s just say stubbornness ensues and tough words are said and it’s an utter disaster. Hey, I’m not putting it lightly to make you feel all tingly. There are all out shouting matches, regretful words are thrown, and a love/hate sex session begins. It’s pretty damn hot, but very sad all at the same time.

“I want you to feel. I want you to feel me every fucking day.”

Don’t get me wrong, I absolutely love all of these characters, especially Olivia and Alex, but my god, do they frustrate the hell out of me. I was very vocal while reading this, saying things like, “are you freaking kidding me?” and “NO WAY!” and there were a lot of “That BITCH!” I laugh at this now while I’m typing because it’s just so incredible how much emotion the written word can pull out of you, and how much you can truly care about a fictional character. It’s really a beautiful thing.

“Love doesn’t have a start date. It doesn’t have a use by date. It doesn’t have an expiration date.”

A Tragic Wreck is packed full of suspense, romance, and sexiness! Ghosts from the past are found, some questions are answered, but that only leaves a whole lot more that are not. Enemies return with new agendas, and more secrets are lingering, threatening to tear lives apart. You can’t get better than this people. T.K. Leigh is definitely an author to watch out for. She is taking Romantic Suspense to a whole new level, and she has set the tone for the third book, and I believe it will be just as good, if not better than the first two books in the series. No pressure, my friend :)

*ARC provided by the author*