shaynareneesspicyreads

Shayna Renee's Spicy Reads

Make sure you connect with me on Goodreads, Facebook, and Twitter!
HAPPY READING!

signature

Spin
CD Reiss
Immortal Hunter (Execution Underground, #2)
Kait Ballenger
Breaking Spades (Hamden, #4)
W. Ferraro
4 1/2 Stars!

It's always exciting to get to read an author's very first book. You almost feel honored for the oppurtunity to read it, like you are celebrating something special with that writer. This was the case for me in Rayne Bexley's first in her Main Street Series, "You Only Live Twice."

We have all been there, when we try to move on with our lives, after a bad breakup and it's just not that easy to get back on the saddle. Paige spent 8 years with a man who made her forget who she was, and there is no quick fix for that. Luckily like Paige, we had that one amazing friend that drags our asses out of our funk and teaches us that the world isn't over, and that we need to have fun again...find ourselves again.

I loved these characters! Even Josh, Nathan's brother, who let me just say, did NOT make a very good first impression with me. Nathan was an amazing male lead in this story. You can just tell that all he wants is to not feel so alone. He is constantly surrounded by people and always getting hit on by different women each night, but he still feels empty, like something is missing.

The interaction and the sexual tension between Nathan and Paige were not OFF THE CHARTS by any means, but that's what made this love story so real, so relateable. Of course, they were quick to find eachother, this is a romance novella for god's sake, what else would you expect, but their coming together was amazingly sensual, sweet, and long overdue. I think Nathan will be able to help Paige heal and find herself again.

To be able to get the reader to connect with these wonderful characters in 50 pages is an extradinary achievement, and I applaud Rayne for writing such an incredibly sweet and sexy story, that had me smilling the entire time. I'm so excited to see what's next in the Main Street Series.