shaynareneesspicyreads

Shayna Renee's Spicy Reads

Make sure you connect with me on Goodreads, Facebook, and Twitter!
HAPPY READING!

signature

Spin
CD Reiss
Immortal Hunter (Execution Underground, #2)
Kait Ballenger
Breaking Spades (Hamden, #4)
W. Ferraro
These three authors: Cari Silverwood, Leia Shaw, and Sorcha Black, are a forced to be reckoned with! I can't begin to tell you how happy this book made me. The Dom with a Safeword is one of my favorite books that I have read this year.

As a HUGE fan of the TV show GhostHunters, you can see why Sabrina instantly became my favorite character. When Sabrina and Q find the perfect house to start their ghost hunt, they find that it's occupied by a gorgeous, sexy man who is too beautiful to be a ghost. Jude is just staying here for the summer before he has to go back to a life that was planned for him. Who knew that the two beautiful trespassors would end up making his summer complete.

Q, or brat #1, is a tough smartass bi-switch, who has been in love with her best friend Sabrina for a long time. Q is no stranger to the BDSM scene. She craves pain as a release and she was let go by her previous Dom because she was too much to handle. Sabrina, or brat #2, had a very conservative upbringing. She doesn't know what to do with the feelings she develops for her best friend. I mean, she is straight....right? She handles it the best way she can by shooting off her mouth and being a tease. Jude is a Dom that wants to spend a summer doing what he loves, fixing up houses, before he has to go back in to the real world and follow in his father's footsteps.

It wasn't hard to love these three characters. The authors gave us an in depth look in to each of there lives, telling us their history and sharing with us their hopes for the future, as well as bringing up their demons. When you know so much about a character, it's easy to relate with them, and then it becomes impossible not to cheer them on, and hope they find happiness with one another. You always wonder how a story written by three different people would fit together so nicely, but it does. I never once was confused with the story line or the dynamics of the characters. Well done ladies!

The Dom with a Safeword is a fun, emotional, kinky read that will leave you grinning from ear to ear, and maybe blushing a little as well. This was my very first F/F, M/FF Menage read and I absolutely loved it. The sex scenes were extremely hot, and yet at times very gentle and tender. Jude is the perfect Dom in my book. How can he not be? When he wanted to brush both the girl's hair, oh my god, can you say "SWOON." You could tell that he really cared for these two brats, even though they drive him to call out his very own safeword. I smiled, laughed, cried, and I must admit, got a little angry, but all in all this story and these characters warmed my heart. Have you ever read a book where you know what's going to happen, and you prepare yourself for the worst....but when it happens a little piece of you wished you were going to be wrong? That happened twice to me in this story. I love it when a story can make you feel SO much, even if it breaks your heart a little, beacause you know, you just know that everything will turn out just fine.

Favorite Quotes:

"You go through life in a perpetual state of smartassery."

"Easy to tame? Fuck you, sunshine."

"It'll be a cold day in hell before I call you Sir, sunshine."

"There was nothing quite as powerful as using your mouth to make a Dom your bitch."