shaynareneesspicyreads

Shayna Renee's Spicy Reads

Make sure you connect with me on Goodreads, Facebook, and Twitter!
HAPPY READING!

signature

Spin
CD Reiss
Immortal Hunter (Execution Underground, #2)
Kait Ballenger
Breaking Spades (Hamden, #4)
W. Ferraro

Beautiful Disaster (Beautiful, #1)

Beautiful Disaster (Beautiful, #1) - Jamie McGuire Posted @ http://shaynareneesspicyreads.blogspot.com

Shayna Renee's Spicy Reads TOP PICK!

"It's dangerous to need someone that much. You're trying to save him, and he's hoping you can. You two are a disaster."

Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire was an emotional, gut-wrenching, sexy train wreck. I could not put this book down. It has been a while since I stayed up until 3AM to finish a 400 page book, but I loved every second of it. Even though this was published back in 2012, I kept seeing and reading about this author and this book and the famous Travis Maddox, everybody and their mother's book boyfriend. I finally got the chance to see what the fuss was about, and all I could say at the end of it was HOLY SHIT this was fucking fabulous!

"I know we're fucked up all right? I'm impulsive and hot-tempered, and you get under my skin like no one else. You act like you hate me one minute, and then you need me the next. I never get anything right, and I don't deserve you...but I fucking love you, Abby."

Abby Abernathy and Travis Maddox have easily become one of my favorite couples in the fiction world. Yes, they are a mess and a half, and yes, some people might think that their relationship is doomed to fail, but once you read what these two incredibly complex characters go through in Beautiful Disaster you will discover that these two people, their love for each other is so unconditional, so intense and vulnerable that you can't help but root for them. Even after some of the ridiculously stupid shit that Travis does, you will still fall in love with this messed up, tattooed bad ass. I know I did for sure!

After reading some of the reviews for this book, I know some of you out there will disagree with perception of Travis and his relationship with Abby. I know Travis is violent and sometimes can be a major asshole when he wants to be. I know he is a womanizer and never sleeps with the same girl twice. You just have to understand that this kid grew up with a father and a bunch of brothers that beat on him when they could. His mother died when he was young, so he had no woman figure to help calm him. I'm surprised he is still alive with all the shit he had to put up with growing up. It's no wonder he makes money beating the living shit out of other people, it's all he has ever known. As far as the womanizer thing goes, at least he is upfront with the women he sleeps with. They know they are only another notch in his belt. When Abby comes in to his life, she becomes that woman figure that he has needed all his life. She calms him and gives him some sense of peace in his life. Even though their relationship might be a time bomb waiting to explode, I will always believe that they will find their way back to each other.

"I knew the second I met you that there was something about you I needed. Turns out it wasn't something about you at all. it was just you."

If you like suspenseful, incredibly emotional reads that will have your head spinning and your stomach turning, then Beautiful Disaster is for you. If you don't mind getting in to these messed up characters heads and taking what they dish out no matter what, then this book is for you. But be forewarned, you will laugh, you will scream and curse, you will ball your eyes out! You might even re think what you know about true love. One thing for sure, you will be touched by this incredibly, fixating, intense story of a couple who will do anything to find their way back to each other.