shaynareneesspicyreads

Shayna Renee's Spicy Reads

Make sure you connect with me on Goodreads, Facebook, and Twitter!
HAPPY READING!

signature

Spin
CD Reiss
Immortal Hunter (Execution Underground, #2)
Kait Ballenger
Breaking Spades (Hamden, #4)
W. Ferraro
Breaking the Rules (Back to Brooklyn, #2) - H.B. Heinzer Breaking The Rules is book 2 in H.B Heinzer's Back To Brooklyn series. This is my first read from H.B Heinzer and it definitely will not be the last. I do have to admit that even though Breaking The Rules can be read as a standalone, I really wish I had the chance to start with book 1. Don't get me wrong this was a fantastic introduction to this author, and even though I was missing bits and pieces of the story between Julia and Micah, I still could follow along nicely in this story.

"He needed this woman more than he needed his next breath."

Let me start off by saying that I had a LOVE/HATE relationship with Carly. I was all for the girl trying to make it on her own in the city, good for her, she is an independent woman that I can certainly relate to. When Adam came in to the picture, and she was having the internal struggle of being with her best friend's little brother, I just wanted to smack some sense in to her! I absolutely LOVED Adam in this story. Sweet, caring, charming, and sexy as hell could sum him up nicely. He was the perfect match for Carly in so many ways. I believe he grounded her. He reminded her of better times back home when she was surrounded by family and friends.

"If you can promise me that you will trust I won't leave you, I will do everything I can to show you every day that I'm here for the long haul."

This isn't the typical love story that I am used to. I have been reading about couples who meet, have sex, and fall in love instantly and live happily ever after. Breaking The Rules was like a breath of fresh air. I loved how the relationship between the characters and the story lines were so relatable. There is a slow, sensual build between Adam and Carly's relationship, but there are also issues that they both need to work through in order to find themselves and to be comfortable in their relationship without worrying about other people's opinions.

I have to say that I was definitely intrigued with Julia and Micah, and I can't wait to go back and read BENT, to get a more detailed idea of what happened between those two, because it seems like it is going to be intense.

H.B. Heinzer has found another FAN <3 p="">