shaynareneesspicyreads

Shayna Renee's Spicy Reads

Make sure you connect with me on Goodreads, Facebook, and Twitter!
HAPPY READING!

signature

Spin
CD Reiss
Immortal Hunter (Execution Underground, #2)
Kait Ballenger
Breaking Spades (Hamden, #4)
W. Ferraro
ShameLess - Mel Ballew ~*~ 3 1/2 Stars ~*~

SHAMELESS by Mel Ballew had my heart pounding from the very first page. When you start reading, you are automatically transported to the scene and it's intense and emotional right off the bat. THAT is how you captivate a reader! Seeing that Mel Ballew is a brand new author to me, I'm glad she hooked me at the beginning.

I want to say just a few words on what bothered me a little bit during the story, just so I can get it out of the way. I'm not a huge fan of switching back and forth with the POV's. I think in some stories it works, but if there is one discrepancy between the two POV's it could ruin the scene for me and I find myself having to read it over again to try and understand what happened. There were a couple times I had to do this in SHAMELESS, and some parts just didn't add up, so I was a little bit confused. By no means did it keep me from finishing this story, because it really was all together captivating, with such a unique storyline, and such great bouts of suspense that kept me on my toes.

Not only did this have just the right amount of suspense, it was full of beautiful and sensual love scenes that made your heart melt. Another great thing the author did in this story was tie in music lyrics. I am such a fan of music and I LOVED that. It helps portray the emotion in that very moment and gives you a chance to connect more with the characters. Mel Ballew will be an author to watch out for!

*ARC provided by author*