shaynareneesspicyreads

Shayna Renee's Spicy Reads

Make sure you connect with me on Goodreads, Facebook, and Twitter!
HAPPY READING!

signature

Spin
CD Reiss
Immortal Hunter (Execution Underground, #2)
Kait Ballenger
Breaking Spades (Hamden, #4)
W. Ferraro

Steal the Light (Thieves, #1)

Steal the Light (Thieves, #1) - Lexi Blake I remember the time when I first fell in love with reading. I picked up a huge hard cover book that was on sale at Barnes & Noble and it was an intriguing cover and it read, GUILTY PLEASURES by Laurell K Hamilton. I wanted to have something to read on a long plane ride back to Florida. I started the book thinking that I would quickly get tired and fall asleep (I HATE FLYING, by the way) Well, let’s just say after reading the first chapter I could not put it down and I went straight through that series with no stops in between. That is when I fell in love with reading. I tell you this story, because the feeling I got when I started the Anita Blake series, is the same feeling I got when I started STEAL THE LIGHT by Lexi Blake. Pure bliss, pure contentment. Lexi is so spectacular at creating these worlds that you just never want to leave. She creates these characters that you want to hang out with. Whether she’s giving us an extremely hot ménage scene, a sexy suspenseful spy story, or a wonderful urban fantasy, Lexi Blake WILL keep you captivated until the very last page.

STEAL THE LIGHT is Book 1 out of 5 expected in Lexi Blake’s brand new urban fantasy, paranormal romance series THIEVES. I’m not going to lie, when I found out she had this series coming out, I was a bit nervous. I am so used to the ridiculously hot, beautifully kinky, suspenseful erotic romances that she gives us. Lexi Blake, Urban Fantasy, these just don’t go together, do they?

HELL YES THEY DO!

I am now convinced that Lexi Blake can write a story about a pencil and hit it out of the ballpark! Seriously, give her any genre, and she will make it happen! Ok, enough of that. Let’s get down to business!

“I’m tired. I want to die. I can see the light, but does Zoey Wharton let me walk into the light? Hell, no. She has to go and find a tiger to piss off.”

What do you get when you put together a sexy vampire, a punk goth witch, a fabulous gay werewolf, a gorgeous faery prince, and a human with a daddy complex? Perfect chaos! I got tons of emotions off of this book. One minute I was gripping my kindle a little too tight because of all of the twists and turns this book took, the next I was laughing so hard at some of the witty banter between the characters. I even found myself shedding a few tears throughout the story, and when you get this girl to get angry, laugh, and cry all in one sitting, I think you might have a winner in your hands!

Even though this is an Urban Fantasy book, it’s still a LEXI BLAKE book, and therefore by definition there HAS to be an amazing, sensual, and beautiful love story behind it all, and of course a bonus, if it includes more than 2 people! *WINKS*

“Do you have any idea what you look like to me now? You’re so fucking bright, I want your light, I want it so bad. I want to take you, and I want to feed, Zoey. I want to drink until I have my fill, and then I want to fuck you, sweetheart. I want to fuck you so long and so hard you’ll forget that there was a time I wasn’t inside you. I want to possess you. I want to bend you to my will until you’ll do anything I ask. Until you’ll die for me.”

You will instantly fall in love with Zoey, Daniel, and Dev! These three are amazing, complicated characters that are brought together by some pretty crazy circumstances. Full of suspense and wonder, STEAL THE LIGHT will not only keep you on your toes and have you wondering what will happen next. It will transport you to a world where demons are dressed like they are from Wall Street, and even though a werewolf is gay, he will still rip your throat out, and no matter how sick and twisted a vampire might act, he will still always be the sexiest man in the room! Well done Lexi! Congratulations on a fantastic start to what is going to be another great series, and Thank You for reminding me why I fell in love with reading!

*ARC provided by the author*

For more of my reviews, check out http://shaynareneesspicyreads.com