shaynareneesspicyreads

Shayna Renee's Spicy Reads

Make sure you connect with me on Goodreads, Facebook, and Twitter!
HAPPY READING!

signature

Spin
CD Reiss
Immortal Hunter (Execution Underground, #2)
Kait Ballenger
Breaking Spades (Hamden, #4)
W. Ferraro

No Second Chances (Chances, #1)

No Second Chances (Chances, #1) - Beverley Hollowed "I'm thinking about how soft and sweet your beautiful lips would feel against mine. Don't you wonder what it would be like to kiss me?"

What a HELL of a way to make a first impression on me Beverley Hollowed! No Second Chances was a heart pounding, soul searching, thrill ride all the way through.

I loved the female lead in this story - Ally Brody. This straightforward, intolerant female mechanic has a chip on her shoulder when it comes to the opposite sex. She witnessed her boyfriend cheating on her with his assistant! Now isn't that just typical. It's enough to make a girl swear off men for a long, long time....until she meets Cole Thomas. Cole has an immediate attraction to Ally. He wants her, and Cole Thomas is a man that usually gets what he wants, but can he break down enough walls to let him in to her heart?

Let's just say Cole Thomas....SEX ON A STICK! Seriously! What is not to love?! Rich - Check, British Accent - Check, Protective - Check, Worships the ground Ally walks on - Check! PERFECT book boyfriend material, for sure. This story had some of the hottest sex scenes that I have EVER read! The sexual tension and the chemistry between these two were off the charts!

Cole didn't make the very best first impression on Ally that's for sure.

"You can freeze your sexist ass of in your stupid posh car for all I care."

So, he already had his work cut out for him. Add on the way she was treated in the past my her ex and her father, well let's just say you have a tough road ahead of you trying to break down those cement walls around her heart. After spending time together, Ally starts to realize that this man might actually love her. She had NO confidence in herself when she was with Jason, but Cole makes her feel sexy and beautiful and her confidence grew more and more every second she was with him.

"I am scared too Cole," Ally whispered softly against his mouth. "Please don't break my heart."

Needless to say, by the end of the book, I was throwing things, I was cursing out loud! You don't know how many times I said out loud, "SON OF A BITCH!" and "SERIOUSLY?!" Have you ever gotten so involved in the story that you are yelling at your iPad/Kindle/Nook, just like you would yell at your TV when you know someone was just acting plain stupid?! Yeah...It's like that! I was an emotional train wreck the whole time. I was captivated from beginning to end. Well done my friend! Bring on Book 2! No seriously....right away please! *winks*