shaynareneesspicyreads

Shayna Renee's Spicy Reads

Make sure you connect with me on Goodreads, Facebook, and Twitter!
HAPPY READING!

signature

Spin
CD Reiss
Immortal Hunter (Execution Underground, #2)
Kait Ballenger
Breaking Spades (Hamden, #4)
W. Ferraro

Convicted (Consequences, #3)

Convicted (Consequences, #3) - Aleatha Romig ”What we fear is what we do not know. When something is cloaked by the darkness of uncertainty, it’s a mystery.”

The Consequences Trilogy by Aleatha Romig is one of the best series out there! Convicted is the third and final book in this beloved series, and I loved every freaking minute of it. I loved the ups and downs, the highs and lows. There was nothing I didn’t like. Perfection! Yes, that’s gotta be it. This book and this entire trilogy was pure perfection. If you do anything this year, if you read one thing in your life, it better be this! Okay, can you get the hint that this book was AMAZING?! Convicted was on my CAN’T FUCKING WAIT list this year, and I screamed like a little girl when it arrived in my inbox. I can’t tell you how much this will mess with your mind. If your mind wasn’t blown in the first two books, well, this one should do it for ya! Aleatha Romig is fucking brilliant! I can’t tell you how many times I had to pause while reading this and say “What the hell?!” I get worked up just thinking about it! Ok, deep breath! Let’s get on it with it, shall we?

“Was happily ever after even obtainable?”

Spoiler Free Reviews are SO incredibly hard to do. I just want to shout from the roof tops about every single Holy Shit moment that happened. But I won’t, because I, my friends, am a professional! One of the genres of Convicted is Dark Contemporary Romance. The final installment definitely wasn’t as dark as the last two, but shit still hit the fan in Convicted. I mean, there still were no rainbows, unicorns, and puppies in Convicted, but there was LOVE. Pure love, tough love, heart-breaking love. Emotional, gut-wrenching stories that cut straight to your heart and yanks it out of your chest. THAT is what it’s all about. THAT is why I am a HUGE book nerd and proud of it. Sometimes life just disappoints you, but you can always go back to these stories and get transported to a world that’s not always pretty, but fascinating to say the least.

I would like to say a few words to the two characters that have taken a piece of my heart.
Claire – I am amazed by your soul. Events that would absolutely obliterate a human being, you always pull through and only grow stronger. I wish to be half as strong as you are someday. I look up to you in so many ways, and I only wish you the greatest happiness in the world, because you deserve everything that’s good.
Anthony - You son of a bitch! Why do you make me love you, then hate you, then love you, then hate you again! It’s so frustrating. I bet Aleatha had a hell of a time writing you! She did you justice though. I have to say that you have grown the most. Even though you constantly were asking for an ass beating, you understood your wrongs and you were fighting through them for her, fighting to change for her.

Convicted was full of secrets, lies, and deceptions, but it was also full of redemption and revelations. You all know that I LOVE my love stories, but there was just something about this love story that surpassed all others. Bravo Aleatha! I bow down to the queen of dark romance!

*ARC provided by the author