shaynareneesspicyreads

Shayna Renee's Spicy Reads

Make sure you connect with me on Goodreads, Facebook, and Twitter!
HAPPY READING!

signature

Spin
CD Reiss
Immortal Hunter (Execution Underground, #2)
Kait Ballenger
Breaking Spades (Hamden, #4)
W. Ferraro

Hard As It Gets (Hard Ink, #1)

Hard As It Gets (Hard Ink, #1) - Laura Kaye This was my first read from Laura Kaye and I am extremely impressed. Hard As It Gets made me smile, gasp, shout, blush, and smile again. When I finished this book, my heart was still pounding. Book 1 in the new Hard Ink Series, was a great start to an exciting, sexy, romantic suspense series that had me on the edge of my seat.

Number 1 - I LOVE me some rogue ex-military men. Number 2 - I LOVE a gorgeous man with tattoos. AND Number 3 - I LOVE when a simple pretty girl can bring a hard ass tattooed military man to his knees.

Let's meet Becca Merritt. Becca was a great heroine in this book. She is a fighter, she's fiercely loyal, and she loves with all her heart. When her brother, Charlie goes missing, she will stop at nothing to find the only family she has left.

Let's meet Nicholas Rixey. Ok, so I have to warn you the first time you meet Nick in Hard As It Gets you will not like him. I didn't at first, BUT like in every romance, you have to give the hero a second chance. You will fall head over heels for him once you get past a "jack-ass" moment that he had. Nick is an intriguing character and you will crave to learn more about this man and his ex-military buddies that come in to the picture.

When Becca searches out Nick for help finding her brother who was maybe or maybe not kidnapped, their meeting isn't what you call instant love story material. I mean there was an attraction, but Nick is bitter and in a hell of his own, he immediately dismisses Becca. The thing is, Nick isn't really an asshole, so he does a little surveillance of his own and realizes the amount of danger Becca is really in. Trying to keep her mind on her brother, she tries not to cave in to Nick's fantastic body, and beautiful tattoos. Well, of course this doesn't last long, and the sexual chemistry between these two heighten with every second that goes by.

Trying to put the pieces to this dangerous mystery together, he enlists the help of his ex-special forces team. With the past that these men share, their meeting wasn't a happy occasion. Bitterness and regret rings true between the men and it's Becca and Charlie's safety that ultimately brings these wonderful men back together. There is something to love about each and every one of these guys you will meet. Beckett, Easy, Shane, and Marz - each of them carry around a quality, or call it a quirk that you will adore and totally want more of immediately. Mystery ensues, tables are turned, suspense rises, and the sex (we can't forget the sex) will knock your socks off. Passionate, sensual, erotic, let's just say Rixey can DO THE DAMN THANG!

So, if you want a romance that will keep your blood pumping and your mind racing, than I recommend buying this book as soon as you are able. You will love the main characters and the secondary characters. The storyline will keep you intrigued, and the chemistry and the sex between Becca and Nick will keep you coming back for more.

Keep your eye out for Hard As You Can, book 2 in the Hard Ink Series, expected in February 2014!

*ARC provided by the publisher*