shaynareneesspicyreads

Shayna Renee's Spicy Reads

Make sure you connect with me on Goodreads, Facebook, and Twitter!
HAPPY READING!

signature

Spin
CD Reiss
Immortal Hunter (Execution Underground, #2)
Kait Ballenger
Breaking Spades (Hamden, #4)
W. Ferraro

Make me Yours Evermore, Book 3 (Pierced Hearts)

Make Me Yours Evermore - Cari Silverwood ~*~ 4.5 STARS ~*~

Be prepared to stretch your limit people. Make Me Yours Evermore, is book #3 in Cari Silverwood's Pierced Hearts Series and it's darker, more twisted, and even more fascinating than the ones before it. Lines are crossed in a big way, enough to make me turn away a couple of times while reading. But no matter how disturbing, how provocative or thought-provoking this might be, Cari always sucks me back in and makes me want something I never thought I would crave.

"I'm going to get into your head right there. Where you can never ever get me out."

Throughout this story, my mind was anywhere and everywhere. I liked a certain character, I didn't like a certain character, it just went back and forth. Chris is a sadist, one that has just been given free reign of another human being. He has wanted this power for so long, he will do anything to keep it. He will keep dark, dangerous secrets from his best mate in order to keep him on this path. Andreas was in some ways the opposite of Chris, but as the story flowed we get these glimpses of Andreas coming to terms with how he feels with this situation, he starts to give in to this sense of wrongness about everything.

"Maybe part of this was that I also found her disturbingly sexy all collared and leashed. That scared me."

I enjoyed coming back to Kat's POV. Reading her point of view was fascinating. Having something forced upon you, and finding pleasure in that instance and absolutely hating the fact that you are indeed finding pleasure, it just pulls out a whirlwind of emotions and just throws logic and understanding out the fucking window.

"Control. I wanted it. Didn't want to give it."

I knew before getting in to Make Me Yours Evermore, that I wasn't going to feel that romantic, beautifully erotic aspect. I knew it was going to be tough, gritty, kinky, and raw. The thing is, even knowing what you are going to get yourself into, you still will not be prepared with the level of intense S/m in the storyline. I know a lot of you who read my blog, know that I read my fair share of BDSM novels. This is NOT one of them. The scenes in this book are in no way consensual. I don't recommend reading this series if you are not prepared to go darker and deeper than you have ever had before. These stories stimulated by mind rather than my body. This did not satisfy the romance bookie in me at all, but I can't say there wasn't the aspect of LOVE at all in this book. There were times when Andreas showed bouts of love, even if the way he showed it was not conventional. There were also times when Chris felt a little jealousy with Kat and Andrea's connection, and sometimes jealousy can stem from love. Don't get me wrong, there is no seduction here, just pure unadulterated lust for power and dominance.

Overall, this was another great installment in Cari Silverwood's Pierced Hearts series. If you have read the first two books in the series, you have to know that Make Me Yours Evermore will not contain hearts, rainbows, and butterfly kisses. It contains hardcore, kinky, naughtiness. This author definitely stretches my limits as a reader, and I can't wait to see what she comes up with next.

*ARC provided by the author*