shaynareneesspicyreads

Shayna Renee's Spicy Reads

Make sure you connect with me on Goodreads, Facebook, and Twitter!
HAPPY READING!

signature

Spin
CD Reiss
Immortal Hunter (Execution Underground, #2)
Kait Ballenger
Breaking Spades (Hamden, #4)
W. Ferraro

Back-Up (Back-Up, #1)

Back-Up (Back-Up, #1) - A.M. Madden ~*~ 4.5 Stars ~*~

Rock Star Romances are one of my favorite types of Romances to read. There is just something about a gorgeous, confident man who can sing like no one’s business that just makes me weak in the knees. Jack Lair is NO EXCEPTION to this! This lead singer is sex on legs and he is VERY aware of that fact. He is no stranger to woman and his bed is never cold. His life could not be more perfect! Or could it?

“I can’t stop thinking about you. Since my party, you have consumed my thoughts. You have taken over my life.”

Leila Marino has great expectations for herself in the music industry. She wants to be a rock star, and she will make that happen. Currently, a back-up singer for a local unknown band, she gets the opportunity of a lifetime, when by chance, she is invited to audition for Devil’s Lair. Needless to say, she kills it at the audition and everyone loved her. She is signed and is ready to go on the road as Devil’s Lair newest back-up female singer. Of course, she can handle spending so much time with the sexy Jack Lair….right?

“What are you afraid of, Leila? What will be left of me when it ends.”

The fact that Jack Lair can have anyone he wants, the heavy attraction he has for their newest back-up singer scares him. He can’t get involved with her, they can be friends, they can only be friends. Well, we all know that is just crazy talk! Finally, they can’t deny the attraction and the pull any longer. Sparks fly, intense pleasure and passion follow, and the chemistry between them continues to become more intense. In true romance novel fashion, the past threatens their relationship and in turn starts the emotional ride full of ups and downs.

The fact that this is A.M. Madden’s first book, blows my freaking mind. This was a great beginning to what I’m sure will be a great series. I need to know what is next with these two. The great thing about Back-Up is that it gave a good introduction to many secondary characters who I hope to learn more about soon. Back-Up ended with a cliffhanger, but not one that will have you pulling out your hair. I’m very excited for this author and will be looking forward to future projects of hers. Back-Up was very well written and just a good ole sexy rock star romance that you can count on to push all the right buttons.

*Review copy provided by the author*