shaynareneesspicyreads

Shayna Renee's Spicy Reads

Make sure you connect with me on Goodreads, Facebook, and Twitter!
HAPPY READING!

signature

Spin
CD Reiss
Immortal Hunter (Execution Underground, #2)
Kait Ballenger
Breaking Spades (Hamden, #4)
W. Ferraro

Determinism (Cara & Abel's Story)

Determinism (Cara & Abel's Story) - LK Collins,  Adept Edits LK Collins, you little she-devil you! You are becoming one of my favorite authors with this series! It just keeps getting better! For those of you who have read book 1 FATALISM, you know that LK Collins knows what she is doing. I believe this is only her second book, and I’m blown away how good it was. She is showing so much damn talent for being so fresh in the game. It’s inspiring really. Determinism was just as good as the first book, if not, even better. With more heart, more emotion, and even HOTTER sex scenes, you will definitely enjoy diving in to the worlds of Cara and Abel.

“….she really deserves her happily ever after. I hope one day I can have mine.”

Cara has had it with tattooed bad boys. She is sick of putting herself out there, just to get her hopes shot down when things got real. She is a little broken in a way that I can definitely relate to, which made me enjoy the story even more. She is a great friend, wonderful daughter, and beloved sister, but still feels alone. She wants what every girl wants, a fairy tale love story. I loved Cara in book one and I was so happy to see she got her own story. She worries for her best friend, and is always looking out for her. Cara is the type of friend that I want by my side in any situation, especially when browsing a sex shop! Loyal, protective, and funny as hell, she deserves her happy ending. She loves so damn hard, hearing her story broke my heart.

“All I can give you is me, and I hope that’s enough”

“I don’t need anything more; just don’t hurt me.”

“I won’t. I promise.”

Abel is a gorgeous firefighter, who has tattoos and piercings, AND he rides a motorcycle! Ladies, we don’t stand a chance with this one. Ultimate womanizing bad boy who is used to getting what he wants. Abel is Vincent’s older brother, and they have the best relationship. They look out and take care of each other, and it is incredibly endearing to read about. We get to experience Abel transform in this book. He goes from one night stands, to giving his all to this one woman, who he wants so much, that he is willing to change his ways to be with her. He is intense and sexy, and he is not afraid to get advise from his younger brother or his father. He treats Cara like a princess and tries his damnedest to break down her walls and make her see that he is more than just a tattooed guy who happens to drive a motorcycle. He can be her prince charming if she lets him in.

“Cara, I remember everything you tell me. When we are together, every new memory is carved into my mind.”

Even though the words weren’t said, Abel showed his love for Cara by tapping into the adrenaline junkie in her. I mean what better way to say I love you then going bungee jumping together of a freaking bridge. It was a small part of the story, but also a very important part where I believe they both realized how deep their feelings ran for each other. When these two are not bungee jumping or riding on Abel’s motorcycle, they are having scorching hot, passionate sex. LK Collins outdid herself with this one. So many sex scenes, so little time. Steamy does not even begin to describe their liaisons. The beautiful connection that these two shared was a beautiful thing to experience.

DRAMA! I can’t forget the drama. Every good romance has some drama! Am I right? I was reading along in Determinism, minding my own damn business, loving all the sex that was had, then BAM!!! WORLD CRUMBLED! I didn’t see it coming at all! Guess what people?! Abel has a past…a dark one…a heart breaking one. I cried like a baby. It shocked the hell out of me, AND made me want to punch Abel in the face…a couple times…with a VERY heavy object.

Now, don’t get scared. You know it will all work out, but to surprise me like that, made the reading experience that much better! Bravo LK…Very Well Done!