shaynareneesspicyreads

Shayna Renee's Spicy Reads

Make sure you connect with me on Goodreads, Facebook, and Twitter!
HAPPY READING!

signature

Spin
CD Reiss
Immortal Hunter (Execution Underground, #2)
Kait Ballenger
Breaking Spades (Hamden, #4)
W. Ferraro

A Mate's Bite (Sassy Mates #2)

A Mate's Bite (Sassy Mates #2) - Milly Taiden Milly Taiden is at it again with her SEXY shifters! The Wolfe men are to die for. They are gorgeous, strong, and protective. Milly is a go to author for me when it comes to the paranormal. Not only does she spin a great story, but the sex scenes are fantastic and steamy. Intense scenes right off the bat! Now, that’s how your start a freaking story! She has a way of bringing her characters to life and transporting you to a world full of passion, possibilities, and drama. So when this author writes, I read. That’s all there is to it.

“I like knowing you have that wild side sitting there, wanting to play with me.”

Karla Alves is a human who has not had the best guidance growing up. Her mother had a habit of gifting men with money in order to keep them with her. This is not what you want your children to witness when they are growing up. With a mother like that and a father that wanted nothing to do with them, who can blame a girl for being terrified of any kind of emotional connection. Even though she knows that her mother was crazy and she is trying not to make those same mistakes, it has to be hard to erase that kind of mindset. When you have a Wolfe as your mate, you better squash that shit right away, because they are always ALL IN, no matter what.

“I love being with you. In you. And you have to understand that it’s never going to change.”

Nathan Wolfe always had feelings for Karla, ever since they met seven years ago. He has always tried to be there for her, and when they shared that one kiss long ago, he was done for. Nathan just had to wait for the right time to mark her and make her HIS. After realizing how Karla grew up and what her mother was like, he was determined to make her talk, make her open up and talk to him. It’s difficult to do that because of pack business with the rogues. He wants to hunt down the bastards who continue to hurt his family, but he doesn’t want to leave Karla and make her think he is abandoning her.

“It’s one of the words I think of when I think of you. Sassy, sexy, and beautiful. You’re all of the above.”

There is so much to love about this book. I could not contain my giggles every time Karla called Nathan, “Spot.” It is so endearing and cute. Jordan is back and feisty as ever. It was nice to catch up from past characters and to meet new ones, who I hope, in the future, get their very own story. It’s not just the shifters that are feisty and protective. The humans that they call family are just as tough and vigilant. The Sassy Mates series is a series I highly recommend for the paranormal romance lover in you. A Mate’s Bite was a sexy, exciting, page turner, and I can’t wait to see who gets their very own story next.

*eBook was provided by the author*