shaynareneesspicyreads

Shayna Renee's Spicy Reads

Make sure you connect with me on Goodreads, Facebook, and Twitter!
HAPPY READING!

signature

Spin
CD Reiss
Immortal Hunter (Execution Underground, #2)
Kait Ballenger
Breaking Spades (Hamden, #4)
W. Ferraro

Forever Wicked (1001 Dark Nights, #1) (Wicked Lovers, #7.8)

Forever Wicked (1001 Dark Nights, #1) (Wicked Lovers, #7.8) - Shayla Black When I first found out about this 1001 Dark Nights projected I was very excited because I was a huge fan of pretty much the entire panel of authors who are involved. Of course, when I found out that Ms. Shayla Black was first in line to release her novella I was even more thrilled, especially because it is a novella from one of my all time favorite series, Wicked Lovers. Forever Wicked focused on some new characters, but also gave us glimpses of my favorite main man Mitchell Thorpe. This novella also took us back to the best place in the world Club Dominion! I can’t tell you how much these characters have become a family to me, and Forever Wicked just added to that family. Although this was a novella it was packed full of passionate, incredibly intense scenes that will have you leave you breathless. Shayla Black did what she does best, create the ultimate, sexy, troubled Dom who you have no problem falling in love with, even though he is arrogant and might have a little bit of “mommy issues.” And for his better half, an independent, strong woman, who acts before she thinks, but in the end learns and fully embraces her submissive side.

“Unconditional love and eternal devotion are seductive thoughts, but they don’t exist.”

Jason Denning has it drilled in to his mind (no thanks to mommy dearest) that there is no such thing as love. There is, however, such a thing as buying affection. With his mother going through rich men like they are candy, what else is a young man to think. He has never witnessed love in his family, so why should he think there is such a thing out in the world? Jason thought he finally found someone, but when a horrible event tears her away from him, and she doesn’t return to his side, and he finds out it was her choice, this only fueled more fire in his belief that there is no love, only money. Money gets things done, money will make her come back to him and stay.

”You are my responsibility. As your husband, your problems are my problems. Instead of giving them to me, you shut me out and shouldered everything yourself. Stubborn, independent…” He clenched his jaw. “You’re making my palm itch.”

Gianna is a part of a strong Catholic, Italian family, and there are certain things expected of her, like marrying a strong Catholic, Italian man. Jason Denning is neither of those things, but she wants him nonetheless. When tragedy strikes and she is forced home to take care of her family, she lets a year go by without speaking with her husband. Even though she is strong, she sometimes can be insecure and when she starts wondering why a man of Jason’s status would want anything to do with her, she hides behind her family issues. When Jason finds her and offers her a hell of a deal, she has no choice but to take it, for her family and for her heart.

“You’ll always keep me safe, right?”

“Always, to my last breath.”

Jason and Gia’s story was incredibly moving and heart-breaking. Both had walls that were keeping them apart. Both were way too stubborn for their own good. Being headstrong and stubborn sure make for great sex though. Wow, the things Mr. Denning can do with chocolate mousse…*sigh* Shayla Black never disappoints with this series. I can’t get enough of the passion, the intensity, the drama. She gives us the whole package and then some.