shaynareneesspicyreads

Shayna Renee's Spicy Reads

Make sure you connect with me on Goodreads, Facebook, and Twitter!
HAPPY READING!

signature

Spin
CD Reiss
Immortal Hunter (Execution Underground, #2)
Kait Ballenger
Breaking Spades (Hamden, #4)
W. Ferraro
Raine Miller made me a HUGE fan of hers during The Blackstone Affair series. Who thought she could outdo herself with Cherry Girl! Cherry Girl was a heart melting romantic tale of two people who have loved each other for most of their lives. With obstacles thrown in from left to right, their love was strong enough to pull them back together. Not only will this book make you believe in true love, but it will bring out the best in you, it will help you hope and believe that even though fate can be a cruel bitch sometimes, it can also be magnificent and divine.

"Fate can be beautiful and this is an example of one of those times. Don't ever forget this moment...or the gift of it."

I dare you not to cry while reading this. Hell, I cried after Chapter 1 and I was a goner from that moment on. Elaina and Neil are fantastic, relatable characters that will take a hold of your heart and not let go. What happened to these two was unimaginable and would break anyone. Different circumstances, but equally horrible and heartbreaking. We get both POV's which when it works, it helps you to become more involved in the story. Ms. Miller has a way of creating these strong characters that hold such emotion and such heart. They love hard, and they fight hard, and it was so incredible to read. Great plot, great storyline. Cherry Girl was such a page turner, I just couldn't put it down. Be prepared to stay up late, because you will be reading way in to the night, and when you are done, you will need some time alone to just sit and think. I think the kids are calling it a "book hangover." :) Yeah, that is what you will have.

"I want this mouth screaming my name when I'm inside you and you're about to come. I want you in my bed so we can fuck all night long...over and over until you're a slave to it -- just as you used to be."

Let's not forget about the scorching hot, erotic sex scenes in Cherry Girl. I mean, this IS a Raine Miller book, so what you expect, you will certainly get. It's intense, it's passionate, and it's tender. Remind you of some other character in this series? Speaking of that "other character," you may just be blessed with a little bit of his presence in this one! I definitely had a little freak out moment when I saw his name on my Kindle.

Even if you haven't read The Blackstone Affair, Cherry Girl can be read as a standalone, for sure! It holds its own and is so sweet, so endearing, and so damn sexy, you will absolutely have this on your re-read list!