shaynareneesspicyreads

Shayna Renee's Spicy Reads

Make sure you connect with me on Goodreads, Facebook, and Twitter!
HAPPY READING!

signature

Spin
CD Reiss
Immortal Hunter (Execution Underground, #2)
Kait Ballenger
Breaking Spades (Hamden, #4)
W. Ferraro
High-Stakes Loving - Fiona Archer Fiona Archer, you little minx, where have you been hiding all my life?! I found my favorite new getaway, and that my friends, is King's Bluff, Wyoming! Full of suspense, intrigue, and a whole bunch of sexiness, High-Stakes Loving will take you on a thrill ride of epic proportions. Even though, Fiona is a fairly new author, she has kicked the ass out of this genre, putting her in the same league as Sophie Oak, Lorelei James, and Cherise Sinclair. High-Stakes Loving is Book #2 in the series, but it can be read as a standalone. I haven't read Book #1, Chloe's Double Draw, but after getting a glimpse of these characters, I am ALL OVER IT! Everything about this book had me on the edge of my seat, wondering what was going to happen next. This was very well written, well thought out, and the characters she has created, will have you falling to your knees in no time.

It always adds to the story when you can relate to a character. For me, that was definitely Reagan. Us full-figured gals need to stick together! Reagan is the town librarian who is loved by many. Even though she is stuck with a horrible reputation because of her mother, she still has friends that have her back no matter what. Reagan has this "good girl" behavior that has her quick to please everyone. On the outside she has times where her insecurities show. But one night with two gorgeous, protective men, she succumbs to her natural submission, and with that comes strength and confidence to help her fight her demons.

Mike and Quinn, 2 Ex-SEALS who also happen to be Doms, (SHOCKER, I know) want nothing more than to capture the heart of their sub. Dealing with issues of their own, trying to fight their own demons, could ruin their chances with Reagan. Quinn's past tragedy and personal guilt is getting in the way of his happiness. Mike's personal demon is himself, and the disappointment he feels from his family has been eating at him, making him feel like half a man. Finding Reagan, bringing out her beautiful submission is just the first step in letting everyone heal.

High-Stakes Loving had multiple swooning moments for sure. Beautiful, protective, strong Doms reading erotic romance books in bed with you? Holy Shit! Sign Me Up Now! The love that these three had for each other was breath-taking and just seemed to jump out of the pages. Not only did the main characters have me hooked, but with all the great secondary characters; they just made me even more excited on what will happen next in the great town of King's Bluff.

*ARC provided by the author*