shaynareneesspicyreads

Shayna Renee's Spicy Reads

Make sure you connect with me on Goodreads, Facebook, and Twitter!
HAPPY READING!

signature

Spin
CD Reiss
Immortal Hunter (Execution Underground, #2)
Kait Ballenger
Breaking Spades (Hamden, #4)
W. Ferraro

Theirs To Cherish (Wicked Lovers, #8)

Theirs To Cherish  (Wicked Lovers, #8) - Shayla Black The Wicked Lovers Series by Shayla Black is one of the sexiest, most intense, and just plain brilliant series out there today. I always find myself counting down the days until Shayla gives us another one of her masterpieces. Not only does she create these magnificent characters and thrilling story lines, but she pulls you in with so much depth and emotion that you can’t help but get attached. There is just something about this author’s way with words, both crazy sexy and ridiculously emotional, that will have you squirming in your seat, craving and begging for more.

I think the main reason why I loved Theirs to Cherish so much was the fact that this was supposed to be my man Thorpe’s happy ending. Mitchell Thorpe, owner of Dominion, was introduced to us in previous Wicked Lover books. He was the hard ass, intense as hell Dom who never took any shit from no one. His word was law in Dominion, and damn did he just hit all the right buttons for me. He was always a mystery. A mystery that always had you thinking in the back of your mind, “what is his deal?” Thorpe was always the man in the background, a gorgeous man who was unreachable, unattached, and always in control. A past relationship killed his spirit, and now he doesn’t believe he is good enough, tender enough to care for the one woman that he’s wanted by his side since the first time he laid eyes on her.

“You want Callie, as I do,”

“More than I want all my tomorrows,”

Sean Kirkpatrick, the newest Dom in town, has his sights set on the sub that Thorpe has sworn to protect. He’s collared her, made her his, but there is more to him. He is a mystery himself. Sean has secrets, secrets that could destroy his future with his “lovely.” In most ways, Sean is the opposite of Thorpe. Sean is tender, more gentle. He is not at all afraid to share his feelings with the woman he loves.

“Share your mind and heart with me. Give me your trust and honesty. You’ve been alive, but you haven’t really lived, Callie. I want to help you do that and be with you every step of the way.”

Callie Ward was always a puzzle to me. She is the epitome of a bratty submissive. Some subs are bratty, because they crave attention from their Doms, but Callie isn’t like that. Her brattiness stems from something deeper. It’s her way of not getting too close to people. Callie’s devastating past has prevented her from being truly happy. She wants nothing more than to stay in one place and give her all to her Sir, but something is holding her back.

“I’ve never understand a Dom’s fascination with a sub counting. You’re educated. You can get to ten without me.”

These three characters are so incredibly strong. All three have secrets that are preventing them from giving 100% of themselves. You have a man who is always in control, feeling completely inadequate, you have a man who has to hide his true self, and you have a woman who has been running her entire life. You have no choice, but to hold these characters close to your heart.

The best part was seeing these two men gently warm up to one another, especially with such strong personalities. The love that they share for Callie is so incredibly beautiful, and the fact that they can put aside their feelings, step outside of their comfort zone and just be what she needs is, is my definition of the perfect Dom.

What it all boils down to is that Ms. Black took us on another amazing journey filled with suspense, heartache, and scorching hot sex. What more could you want? Theirs to Cherish is a steamy, fast-paced romance that will have you on the edge of your seat. You get page after page of double Dom goodness! Your old favorite characters jump in to the madness, and you are also introduced to some new faces and personalities that will make you smile. Tears, laughter, and shock, just be prepared for a very long night.

*ARC provided by the author in exchange for an honest review*